Chapter 9- A Standoff Ensues

With her hair freshly crimped, Heather wandered about the inside of the greatest arcade her side the Ohio River Valley. Little boys fresh out of sixth grade for the week were where they usually were at that time on a Saturday, hiding out under the fun-zone whilst exchanging slices of greasy pizza like currency. Nothing was abnormal.

This arcade had it all-- besides a fun-zone and a pizza booth with ancient E-Z Cheez that could turn stomach acid into glue, there was a roller rink, a lazer tag room, one of those upright shower looking things where tickets blow around you and you have to catch them, and, of course, the arcade game area itself. Heather didn't see Dewey anywhere yet so she started playing Home Alone 4: Taking Back the House pinball. It was too tough, so she moved onto Skee-Ball.

It was when she drew back her fifth sphere so fast that she hit something hard. She turned, and Malcolm had stumbled back.

"Y'ouch!" He yelped.

"Sorry, Malc! You know how I get when I play Skee-Ball." Heather reminded with sympathy. "Say, what are you doing here anywhere? I wasn't expecting you," she added.

"I come here all the time, usually with my bruhth-" he cut himself off and furrowed his brows at Heather. "What do you mean? You said you'd come here to meet me. Who are you waiting for?" Malcolm wondered innocently, not knowing of his own brother's agenda.

Heather blushed. The thing was, after their little run-in, she had called Dewey telling him the park was too suspicious at 5pm and that they should just meet at the arcade. With Dewey's enchanting and hypnotic aura, she had forgotten that was the place she promised to meet Malcolm! At that moment there was nothing else to do but to give the honest truth.

"Malcolm... sorry, but... I'm here to see Mr. Dew."

"Uhh... Melvin Doo?" Questioned Malcolm.

"No. D-E-W. Mr. Dew," she spat.

"What? Who is th-"

Dewey swept in on roller blades and dropped his milkshake onto Malcolm's shoes. He politely took Heather's hand and said, "Please, no need to address me by my formal surname," and placed a peck on her glitter tattoo.

Malcolm could only react but with one word.

"DEWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY!"