Chapter 7- AHHH! Contemplation

Heather woke up from her dream within a dream to a sunny morning sky. She rubbed her eyes and yawned and tried to remember her dream-- obviously, this wouldn't take long.

"Wowzers! What a whacky subconscious thought!" She whisper-yelled, napping her mouth like a cat sipping milk next. She hated the stinkies she could feel on her tongue and got up from her bed to go across the hall and brush her teeth. She got into the bathroom and started to brush when a knock echoed against the outside of the door.

"One second," Heather muffled through the baking soda in her mouth. She rinsed her gums and banged the pink plastic brush against the rim of the sink, and then opened the door.

"Hi, Heatho," greeted her mom with much less enthusiasm than other mornings. "Uhm... get dressed and come down for breakfast, I made blueberry." She lightly smiled and walked down the hall to go downstairs.

Heather furrowed her brows, noticing how her mother spoke to her strangely and hesitantly like she was hiding something, and, about to tell her something bad. She crossed back over to her room and put on a classic 2000s 'fit: bell bottom jeans with a green fabric skirt over them, a white long-sleeved undershirt with a purple Aeropostale shirt with a big ugly fat cursive "Aeropostale" across the chest, and a denim baret with stitched in sunflowers. She was killing it.

She skipped down the stairs, or at least tried to, but failed and fell on her flat butt on the 2nd to top step. She got up and walked it off, downwards. In the kitchen, she took a seat at the table and her mom put a plate of the food she made in front of her.

"Mommy, I think you wanna tell me something... what is it?" She questioned as she brought a forkful to her mouth.

Heather's mom seemed surprised for a second and patted her apron whilst smacking her red lips together. She exhaled and began, "Well, your friend Dabney called this morning, asking if you wanted to have a play date at 5 to have dinner at his house, and, I knew you weren't busy, so I suggested you would do it... but then ten minutes later, Malcolm called asking to go out to the arcade with you at 5, and so well DON'T PANIC because I know you like him more so I said that you weren't up yet and that you'd call back.. so.. uhm... you might have to tell Dabney if you don't want to see him and I hope that's ok... sweetie don't be afraid to hurt his feelings!-"

"Mom!" Heather interrupted her mother's fast talking. "Okay it's fine. I'll just... think about it, ma, but could I have some privacy?" Heather tried to smile.

"Oh, well one more thing. Then some kid named Lloyd called asking to see you at the library at 5, but I said I never heard of him *snort* haha I hope he didn't think that was rude.. but uh, I also told him that you were sleeping and I wrote his number down for you to reply later. Okay, that's all. Privacy now? Okay Bebe," the mom spoke, calling Heather that nickname she didn't like. After a pat on her daughter's shoulder, Heather's mom left the room.

Heather slouched so far forwards to rest her chin on the table. What should she do?

 I have fun with Malcolm but he can be so negative-- that darn Gemini Sun, Capricorn Moon! she thought. And, of course, Dabney was a class act sweetie, but wasn't the most exciting of souls. And then, well, though she hadn't talked to Lloyd much, she knew he was a real A1 unit. After all, he had appeared in her dreams like a Greek God to ease her troubles, and now here he was asking her out to the library! Perhaps it was a sign? She didn't know.

She contemplated her options over her meal. She was just about finished with the food (and hardly finished with making her decision) when the doorbell rang, and Heather answered. And because of who she saw on the other side of that door, she knew almost instantly what she'd be doing that night at 5 p.m.. Solid.