Bugs [Chapter 21]

peter's pov--

--in mr Starks office--

I walk into mr. Starks office.. 

we both stay silent as he rests his face in his hands only interrupting his position to motion to the chair for me to sit down. 

"Peter.." he says quietly.. 

"mr. stark.." I respond as I talk off my mask

"I said that I respect your guys' decisions to seduce each other.. but could you please do it inside.." "mr. stark I wasn't seduc-" he interrupts me"let me finish.. I sent capt. over and he got to the building right before I called you.. you see .."  he pauses and pulls out 5 photos 

one of me in y/n chair as she walks in

one of y/n stapling my hand

on of her stapling hers

one of me and y/n while she bandages my hand

and one of me bandaging hers

all 5 were taken from somewhere onlooking y/n's balcony "and I'm sure you can tell I didn't take these pictures but my security system protecting her apartment went off when unauthorized photography was detected. we were able to steal these photos from the web history asap and they're may be more pictures and I don't know who took them, Peter... I said I respected your guys' decisions but I'm gonna ask you to at least try to hide it.. and you don't have to.. but if you could look around and see if you see the photographer.."

"will do mr. stark" I get up to leave. "wait Pete one more thing.." his stare quickly changes to a mean, evil, almost killer glare "try to keep your clothes on next time.. if I see another glimpse of you're bare body in my daughter's room..  I will skin you alive..." he says in a harsh tone through gritted teeth.. "y-yes sir. ill try my best sir." I back up to the balcony and swing off. "no Peter don't try !! I said don't !! DONT!!  DONT GO AND DO IT PETE ILL SKIN YOU ALIVE!!!"  he yells off the balcony at my back as I swing away.

--meanwhile in y/n's pov---

Peter jumps off the balcony and swings away.. shit... I scared him off... "stupidstupidstupid"  I face palm on every word.

 "he thinks you're a creep. he thinks your a sociopath. he thinks your sadistic. he thinks you only care about facts.. in a world with people like him.. being poked prodded and.. well.. stapled is probably the thing he's trying to avoid by not sharing his identity." I talk to my self, unaware that capt is right outside my front door and can hear every thing I say.  

"just lay off.. you don't need to know his identity.. just lay off.." I had subconsciously  walked to the kitchen and got out two small ziplock bags and made my way back to the balcony 

"I just need to shut up sometimes .." I ramble on about how awful of a person I am while I subconsciously pick up the tweezers and use them to pick up the bloody staples off the ground, putting mine, the bloodier one, in one bag and spidey's in the other.

subconsciously, I make my way to my desk " I mean like its not like I need  to know. if I really did there are many things I couldve done to find out.." I pull a black sharpie out of the drawer.. "like ... I don't know gotten a blood sample and sent it to my dad's lab.. or even brought it there and tested it my self" I write 'y/n' on one and 'sm (???)' on the other.

I look down at my hands and the bags I had just assembled.. "shit.."  I'm losing it.. something about unanswered questions really drives me insane and this one has been one of the hardest.. I. think to my self as I shove the bags into the already opened desk drawer with the black marker.. I finally let my self hear the 13 door bell chimes and the 20th knock and I answer the door. it's capt. he's wearing a t-shirt, a light jacket and jeans. "what?" I say as a reflexive response