somber day [25]

Im back. sorry for the long wait. I hope you guys like it im gonna try to continue best I can I read some of the recent chapters and barely remember writing them but they were fun to read anyways nEw cHaPtEr tImE!! 

y/n's pov- 

my mind feels blurry. last night was a wreck and barely remember anything before. I wake up in Peters room on an air mattress. me and Peter at some point tucked ourselves in? my head pounds and I look at how the air mattress next to me is empty, I look over my shoulder to see peter's back to me, half asleep and mj and ned siting on his bed talking. MJ glances over and noticed that im awake and feels the need to comment "awww good morning" I sit up and rub my head, Peter glances over his shoulder and looks at me. I was shocked to see his face as miserable as I feel inside considering that he was normally such a cheerful person.

I ignore MJ and Ned's jokes, party because I was too sick to comprehend them, and I get up and stumble to the kitchen. I look around looking for something to eat and I see the coffee pot and maker. that sounds pretty good right now. despite not knowing how to use a non-pod coffee maker I try my best. it takes me a few good minutes to even find then coffee and what do coffee filters do? do I need one? where are they? I look to the coffee maker, press a few buttons, open the top? this thing comes out?! wh- I don't understand. I pull up a chair that's too low for the counter from the table and I sit down and rest my head on the edge of the counter. 

I'm about to fall asleep again when I hear someone stumble into the room, I don't bother looking to see who. they rummage around and reach over me to use the coffee maker. they pour the stuffing the thing and soon I hear it start pouring. they pull a chair next to mine and rest their head on the counter like I am. I barely glance over and see Peter and I smile to myself. Like this, we sit until the pot is filled then we each pour a mug mine was tall angled and while and his was small, round, blue and had a chip in the rim. I watch him pour some cream in his and offers it to me, I gently shake my head to say 'no thanks' and he puts it back in the fridge. 

I sit up on the counter with my mug and he sits back in the chair he was in before and we sit in pleasant and peaceful silence and drink out coffee. Talking would've make our headaches worse. the only sounds are MJ and Ned laughing in the other room and our light breathing. 

im about ¾ the way through my mug and Peter a bit less then half when MJ and Ned come pounding into the kitchen. Each step they take makes our headaches worse and worse. "hey" ned says and we both flinch at how loud he's talking "we have to go get your car right?" I sigh. I forgot I knew how to drive. 

"ok . call the uber." I say putting my cup down and sliding off the counter. Peter puts his cup in the sink and I trudge into peter's room to look for a jacket. I hear him following me, but im not worried. 

I step into his room and look around, there's a midtown hoodie on the handle to his closet. I hear Peter enter the room as I go to grab it. Suddenly and unexpectedly I feel his hand grab the arm reaching for the door. it started me a bit, we had been moping around out in the kitchen, how is he suddenly so fast and aware. I gasp a bit and look up at him, he looks a bit scared like he had something in the closet he didn't want me to see, but too soon to remember, my headache comes back to replace that thought and I use my other hand to grab the sweat shirt, quickly off the handle and fold it over my arm. He lets go of my are and sighs "sorry" that was the first thing I heard him say all day and it wasn't in his voice, which was normally bouncy and cheerful, but this was quiet, dark and mumbly. 

He quickly opens the door and grabs a jacket for himself, closes it and puts it on and I put mine(his) on too. He rubs the sleep out of his eyes and starts to talk in he weird new morning voice "so, how'd you sleep?" he asks "fine I think. I don't really remember much..." "me neither" I can't tell if im still a bit drunk or if the hangover is making me crazy but in that moment, I was so thankful for Peter a take a step closer to him and then wrap him in a hug "thank you for being nice to me even tho I was bitch to you" he tightens up a bit surprised "that was a while ago. and you weren't a bitch. you had . uh... false information." his normal voice is fading in a bit.

I let go of him and go to leave the room when we hear the loud bang of a bird hitting peter's bedroom window. there was clearly a bird and we didn't see it fly away. "aw oh no!" me and Peter run to the window and he opens it. we look out expecting to see a dead bird on the fire escape, but there's nothing. We shrug it off and walk back to the living room, I grab my car keys and walk to the door. 

"how close's the uber, ned?" I ask him as I open and walk out the door, followed by Peter, MJ and Ned. "uhh I don't know.. it says 7 minutes but this is the third time he's gone around this block so uh.. heh I can't say for sure. " he shrugs. we get outside and its a bit colder out, fall's defiantly on it's way. we all sit on the steps and wait for the uber to come. 

"should we go eat after?" I ask while glancing back at Peter, then back and my hand which are folded in my lap. "yeah id say so, I went to a diner last weekend which was pretty good? how about there?" MJ responds. "oh yeah! a I liked that place!" I look back to Peter and he looks at me "Yeah. it was good. a good waffle" we smile but stop when we notice how MJ is looking at us. "uh heh we just uh.. talked about it.. we both went on completely separate days at different times"  I make up because Peter said not to let her know last time.. 

The conversation continues but Im having a hard time focusing, could be the headache or I don't know, ADHD? I fidget with my keys in my pocket and I catch a quick feeling of the cold metal button that Spiderman gave me and I rub it with my thumb. it really does suck that I won't be able to test his blood until after my apartment gets cleaned out. and that's only if caps doesn't throw away the bags. I pull out my hand and look at the cut, almost completely unaware of the conversation. 

soon a uber looking car rolls up, Ned asks his name and I guess he responded correctly because soon we were all packed in the back seat, with ned in the passenger. were about 15 minutes in the 30 min drive when I feel a splinter like pain in my ankle. it wasn't too bad so I didn't make a sound that would draw attention to myself. I sigh, today seemed somber and I couldn't yet tell why.

We get to the place and I see my car. We thank the driver and get out. Ned and Mj are laughing having an apparently hilarious conversation. I feel Peter walk up next to me. "hey are you feeling ok y/n?" "yeah. I guess im fine. just kinda tired. I think something poked me in the car though because I swear I got a splinter." I stop walking and look down at my ankle, there's a teeny little mark where the prick was. "huh that's weird I felt a poke to, on my ankle as well, but I thought it was like I jammed my leg on something sticking out of the car. but its weird that you felt that too.." we think as we approach the car. Ned and MJ have been there a while and are frantically trying to open the door and whining. we bother chuckle, and I use the key to unlock the door.

hey hey im back and that is 1520 words ahaha sorry if it feels weird and different Im trying my best but I forgot about a lot of what happened 

-neti