o2: The Irony of Being a Hero by tamar-

Title: The Irony of Being a Hero

Author: tamar-

Description: Felix Welter is a superhero. In the safest, most normal town in America. Did someone say 'be yourself'?

Genres: spiritual; short story

Tags: heroism; individuality; irony; society

Status: complete

‣ ‣ ‣

I was over the moon to see Tamar back on Wattpad so to be greeted with not only a new story, but a complete story about a superhero: well, that just knocked my socks off. The wonderfully concise and brilliantly blunt story is told by an unknown narrator about the unfortunately powerful Felix, who is very much in the minority with his superpowers, much to his parents' distress. 

In just five pages, Tamar brings us to love both Felix and the witty narrator and she manages to characterise so precisely and believably. Her writing is 100% on point, and it is such a shame that so few people have read her story when it is so brilliantly written. She really is an upcoming talent in the Wattpad world.

I daren't say too much and ruin the story - if you head on over to the external link, you can read it in a matter of minutes and see why I love it so much. The title is one of the best-fitting titles I've seen: Felix truly deals with the irony of being a hero in this calamitous and unpredictable tale, and even in so digestible a tale, you will fall in love with Tamar's style.