Cole and Seliel (Part I)

Hey guys, this is my new story. This is a prequel to my other story, Ninjago Generations. This is just the stories of how each of the ninja proposed to their loved ones and then some. Remember that this takes place when they are a bit older than in the show. (And yes, I know the Ying-Yang promise doesn't mean an engagement proposal in the show, but in this fanfic it does because I already wrote it like that and it's too late to change it now so sorry.) Anyway, I hope you guys enjoy these stories! Thanks!
_______________________
Cole's P.O.V.:

I was with Jay and he had gone with me to visit my dad on the outskirts of Ninjago City. We heard the mailman outside and me and Jay ran out to meet him.

"Hey glad I ran into you guys." The mailman stopped and looked through his bag. He handed Jay a package. "Let's see, the newest issue of Starrfarrer for you."

"Oh yes! I've been waiting for this one!" Jay said excitedly.

"And for Cole, a letter from your girlfriend."

He handed me a letter from Seliel. I thanked him and he rode off.

"Wow, you guys have sure been writing to each other a lot lately." Jay said.

"Well she's going through a lot right now. As the mayor's daughter she has a lot of responsibility in Nom." I told him. "I just want to help her anyway I can, even if all I'm doing is giving her someone to talk to."

"Awe you guys are kinda perfect for each other." Jay said.

"I just wish she was around more you know?"

I opened the letter Seliel sent to me:
_______________________

Dear Cole,

     This is the hardest letter I've ever had to write. Things are really rough right now and we are low on food and supplies for the village. We've had many attacks from a new threat lately and we feel we have met our match. My village has not lost hope yet, but I'm afraid we cannot hold out much longer. This could be the last letter I get to write so, I just wanted to say I love you, and I wanted to say goodbye. I'm sorry.

Love, Seliel.
_______________________

I didn't know what to do when I read this. A part of me wanted to go to Nom and help her, but I couldn't leave Ninjago because I had to protect it. Plus Kai and Skylor were expecting a baby soon so I couldn't leave now I just couldn't.

But then again, I could tell that Seliel was serious by the way she wrote in her letter. Usually when she sends me letters, she was asking me for advice or telling me about one of her adventures, this one was different. I needed to see her.

"Cole?" Jay said waving his hand over my face. "You ok?"

I was so in shock I couldn't say anything. I handed my best friend the letter and he read it, then he understood why I was so upset.

"Well, What are you waiting for?" Jay said. "If she's in trouble then you need to go to her."

"But Nom is so far away and according to the date on this letter it was sent..." I checked the date on the letter. "...three days ago."

"I'm sorry Cole." Jay put his hand on my shoulder. "You should go. Go find her."

"But She could be..."