Jay & Nya (Part II)

I know it's kind of a short chapter, but there's a lot of Jaya in it! 😉

_____________________

Jay's P.O.V.:

Once we got back home, Kai invited Skylor and Amber over to help me set up a nursery for the twins as a surprise for Nya. We already had all of the stuff we needed to make it, but we hadn't set it up yet because we thought we had another week to go, but I guess the babies had other ideas.

"So do you like being a dad Jay?" Kai asked me.

"Yeah it feels great so far." I smiled.

"That's because the hard part hasn't started yet." Skylor laughed.

A few hours passed and we had the nursery all set up. We had the twins' cribs set up, had the diapers ready, and we even went to the store and bought them some toys.

I wanted to do something special for the twins, so Kai helped me hang up a mobile that I had made for Lily and I planned to give Jax Mr. Cuddlywump, my favorite childhood toy. A part of me didn't want to give him up, but he protected me when I was a kid, so he would protect my son too.

"Well it took all night, but I think it's all ready." Kai said.

"Thanks so much you guys, I really appreciate the help." I said. "Jax and Lily are gonna love it."

"I'm sure they will." Skylor said.

Then Amber started crying in her play pin.

"Sorry, I better get that." Skylor apologized.

Skylor ran into the guest room and came back with Amber in her arms. She seemed to have calmed down a bit.

"What was wrong with her?" I asked.

"She's just a little cranky." Skylor said. "She's always like that when she first wakes up in the morning."

"Yeah. That's pretty much normal." Kai smiled at Amber. "Good morning sweetheart."

"Morning Dada." Amber rubbed her eyes.

"Oh that's right, we should go pick up Nya." Kai reminded us.

"Relax, my parents wanted to meet the twins so their gonna pick up Nya and the babies and bring them here." I said. "They're on the way right now."

"Oh ok. That's good." Kai took a deep breath.

"I think Kai's more nervous than you are Jay." Skylor laughed.

"Haha I doubt it." I smiled. "I've never been a dad before. What if I'm not any good at it?"

"Relax, you'll get the hang of it." Kai assured me.

"Easy for you to say, you had to take care of Nya all by yourself since you were five." I reminded him.

"We weren't by ourselves, we had a babysitter until I was twelve. Then we had to live on our own."

"Oh sorry I didn't know." I apologized.

"It's ok." He said.