Kai & Skylor (Part III)

Kai's P.O.V.:

Our little girl was three now and me and Skylor loved her so much. I never thought that being a father would be this amazing, but it is. It reminded me of how I took care of my sister after our parents disappeared. That was such a hard time for us.

**********Flashback**********

I was at my parents black smith shop and I was around 5 years old. I woke up by myself, which was unusual because my mom usually woke me up. I got up and started looking for my mom and dad but I couldn't find them anywhere. I was starting to panic. What if something bad happened to them?

I looked in their bedroom and noticed a note taped to the bed:

_______________________

    Dear Kai,

Your dad and I have to go away for a little while. We don't know how long we'll be gone, but we need you to be brave and take care of your sister until we get back. We love you both and look out for each other.

               With love,
                     Mommy and Daddy.
_______________________

Before I could give it much thought, I heard my baby sister crying in her crib. I ran to see what was wrong.

"Easy Nya, please don't cry." I told my three year old sister as I gently let her out of her crib.

"Bruber? Where mama and dada?" Nya still had tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry sis, I don't know." I frowned.

"Alone?" She had a worried look on her face.

"You're not alone. You have your big brother here to protect you." I pulled her into a hug. "It's gonna be ok."

Nya leaned into me and slowly calmed down. We were all on our own now, I couldn't believe they would just leave like that. But they gave me a job to do, and I wasn't going to let them down. I was going to protect my sister at all costs.

*******Flashback Ends*******

I had to take care of Nya all by myself for years. Once a week we had a babysitter come to give us food and check up on us, but other than that we were all on our own.

My parents didn't get the chance to be there for us, that's why I was so happy that both me and Skylor were able to be there for Amber. Amber was lucky that she was able to have both her parents to be there for her.

Cole and Seliel had a daughter who was 2, so was Lloyd and Kira's son, and Nya and Jay's twins, our niece and nephew, had just turned one. All of our kids were growing up so fast, I wish they could stay young forever.

It took a lot of convincing, but I finally talked Skylor into trying for another kid. It wasn't that she didn't want to have another baby, but she didn't want to go through the pregnancy again. I don't blame her considering what she went through last time, but in the end she decided it was worth it.

To our surprise, we got our wish! Skylor was three weeks pregnant and we were so excited, you know once I came to after passing out. The hard part was telling Amber.