22: Not A Stowaway

TONY PoV

The phone rings, and I answer. "Hello."

"Tony. We'll be at your place in half an hour. Please tell me that's where you are." Natasha's voice is urgent.

"Yeah, I'm at my tower. What's going on?" I reply quickly.

"Talk to you when we get there." And she hangs up.

"Well that was quick." I say to myself. She probably doesn't want anyone overhearing.

I'm pacing when Percy walks in. He gives me a curious look. "What is it?"

"Natasha is coming." I tell him.

"Really? Weren't she and Clint on a mission?" He asks.

"They were. Looks like they finished." I confirm.

"Did they find anything about Mom? and Paul?" The kid stands straighter.

"I don't know for sure. I think they found something." I run my hands through my hair.

"How long until they get here?"

"About twenty minutes now."

Percy joins me in pacing.

After an excruciatingly long period of time to imagine the worst, the elevator dings, announcing the arrival of the spies/assassins.

"Tony!" Nat calls out. She's holding out a flashdrive to me. "We tripped an alarm downloading it. Had to high tail  it out of there." I take it, and she supports a limping Clint on our way to my computer.

"What happened to Clint?" I ask, feeling the impossibly heavy weight of whatever could be inside the drive.

"Got hit with something." Clint grumbles.

"Haven't had time to get it out of his system yet." Natasha worries.

"What kind of thing is in his system?" Percy asks.

The spies turn in alarm, having not realized he was the caboose of our group. "When did you get here?" Natasha asks, the more coherent of the two.

"Yesterday." Percy says. "What is in Clint's system?"

"Some kind of sedative or drug. Nothing good." Natasha replies to him.

We've made it to my computer. Nat pulls a stray chair up and sets Clint down in it.

"Why'd you bring this to me?" I question.

"Because. It's your family. Hurry up, before SHIELD calls me asking for that."

"His leg?" Percy asks, as I plug in the drive and start working.

"Yeah, The bullet that grazed his leg must have been laced." Natasha tells Percy.

"Lemme try something." I hear Percy say.

"What are you-?"

"I need to focus." Percy grumbles.

I want to know what is happening, but I'm focusing myself, on the drive, the files.

I hear Clint grunt. Natasha makes a small gasp. I'm really curious about what is going on, but I don't turn around. I'm almost done.

"Done." I say, and turn. Percy is sitting on the floor in front of Clint. There's a small puddle on the floor. "Ew. What is that?" I question.

"That is what I just pulled out of his system." Percy says.

"How did you...?" Natasha trails off.

"You should probably bandage his leg, Nat." Percy says. "What did you find, Uncle T?"