53: The Future Before The King

THIRD POV

"Quick, get the address!" Natasha tells Clint. He scans the screen and then abruptly turns it off. Then he searches around the area and finds a pen and corner of paper, writing it down before he can forget.

"Got it." Clint grins, holding up the paper. "Now we can get somewhere."

"Let's bring him home." Steve states. They bask in the joy of finding Tony for a moment longer.

"Okay, so we know where he is. Great. But do we have enough firepower to take Pit down?" Thalia questions.

"I'll take care of it." Percy answers her.

"How? You're still beat up like soggy toilet paper that tried to seduce a mace." Clarisse pointed out.

"Why that, though?" Leo whispered to her.

"Somebody messed with cabin 15. Don't recommend it." She replied in a warning tone.

"Yeah, I get it. I'm going to Olympus." Percy announced.

"What? Why?" is the common chorus.

"In case you don't remember, Perce, last time you went over there you came back as electrocuted bbq!" Clint exclaims.

"I know. Tartarus is even stronger than Zeus, way stronger. I need allies. So, I'm going to see who'll support me." Percy says gravely. After a general round of sighs and grunts, they don't argue.

"Come back to me." Annabeth instructs him. "Preferably not dead, or close." He nods.

Leo gets Calypso and Bruce to help him finish off the suits while everyone else finds out as much as they can about the location. Natasha calls Fury and gives him an update, and he sends a SHIELD aircraft to them, with it's own crew of agents to fight HYDRA.

Percy vapour travels to his room, where he changes into more appropriate clothes to visit the gods. He takes a glance at the godly food sitting on his dresser, and shoves a brownie sized portion into his mouth, chewing as quickly as possible before chugging some nectar. Then he goes to Olympus.  When he appears by the elevator, he begins his walk to the throne room with his hands in his pockets. Might as well start there, right? Get the big leagues out of the way?

As he walks through Olympus, the world seems to quiet. The gods and goddesses pause in their work, as do the satyrs and nymphs. What is even more bizarre to Percy, is that they start to kneel. Percy's first thought is 'what the fuck?' and his second thought is 'Zeus isn't behind me, right?', his third is something like, 'What the actual hell is going on?'

He tries to brush it off, but it's so weird. Are they kneeling to him? Why? 'Cause he fought Zeus and beat the fucker up? Percy would have snorted at the pun, but it's too weird in the current situation. Why are they looking at him like he's a god? Percy nearly slapped himself when he realized what he thought.

After what felt like an eternity of weird awkwardness and walking much faster than he normally would, he finally reached the throne room that he'd been literally kicked out of just a few days ago. It wasn't empty. Poseidon, Hades, Hestia, Demeter, Artemis, and Hermes were going about their business. Poseidon was the first to recognize that his son had arrived, and Hermes just a fraction of a second later. Then the other gods and goddesses noticed. They stopped talking, and stared at Percy.

"Percy!" His father broke the silence first and strode over to him. "You haven't completely recovered. What are you doing here?"

"We have a problem." Percy said, and his father registered the restrained fury.

"What is it?" He asked, genuinely concerned. 

"Tartarus." He said simply, and clearly. The gods took a breath of surprise. Percy stepped around Poseidon and walked closer to them. "He kidnapped my uncle, a prominent figure among the mortals."