30: Uno Dramatics

PERCY PoV

I kinda missed being able to play video games in the safety of the SHIELD base that was also out of country. So. I was bored.

I'm not allowed to anything physical. They don't want me getting sicker. As if I could get sick with all the nectar and ambrosia they've been stuffing me with. I must have been really, really, really bad off.

It didn't make complete sense though. I was fine for a day or so after I woke up before I got worse. I was starving- I only started to feel better once I began eating the godly food. Like, actual eating. I don't know what's happening. I knew I was getting stronger, but enough to eat the godly food?

A shiver falls down my spine with a realization. I need the godly food. Normal human food just upsets my stomach. Ambrosia feels like food. What does this mean?

I haven't told anyone, but I've felt stronger after I recovered. Not like I built muscle, but like my powers have grown. Is that why I need the godly food? Because of the stronger power?

But how could I have gotten so much stronger in such a short span of time? I recognize that I am a strong demigod. I am and always have been. But this is just... Over the top.

"Percy?"

"Huh? Yeah?" I look up and see Clint.

"Steve and I were wondering if you wanted to play some cards or something until Nico gets back?" He asks.

"Sure. What are we playing?" I inquire, thankful for the distraction.

"I though we might be able to teach him UNO." Clint smirks.

"Ooh." I grin. "Count me in."

Steve stumbles the first game, still getting used to the rules. Clint wins that game, the second and third are also wins for him.

The fourth game is when Steve and I are getting really done with his victory streak. So we subtly team up. We sit just enough so that we can see each other's hand without raising suspicions. Nearing the end of the game, Steve places a draw 2 and I double that. Clint smirks and adds his own +2 card, relishing in his victory. Steve places another +2 card with a straight face. Clint looks to me with bright eyes, biting back a shit eating grin that I'll have to draw 8 cards. His own hand has only 3. I take a deep breath and sigh. He is about to start laughing when I look him dead in the eyes and slowly pull a card from my hand. He frowns, and I place the draw 4 card. His jaw drops.

"No!" He shrieks.

"It appears that you should draw 12, Clint." Steve says, barely holding in his own grin.

"No! I will not have fifteen cards! I refuse!"

"C'mon Clint. There are twelve cards that need a home." I say.

"You take them then!" Clint returns.

"I can't, I'm a minor." I say, faking an apologetic tone.

"Steve! You take them!"

"He can't either, he's very elderly." I reply.

Clint looks incredibly insulted, and Steve is giving it his all to keep a straight face. "You were teaming up on me!" Clint accuses.

"We weren't 'teaming up'." Steve says.

"Oh? Then how do you explain this, huh?" Clint jabs his index to the draw 4 card.

"Pure coincidence." I say.

"Bullshit." Clint hisses.

"Language." Steve says calmly.