18

"Sierra Gilmore speaking."

"Hello is this Madam Scarlett's House of Seduction?"

"Yes, who can I direct you to?"

"Ah, nevermind my girlfriend's on the other line. I'll call back later."

"OK, thank you for calling." I hung up the phone chuckling, but it rang again 2 seconds later.

"You've got pinkie pie."

"Hey, babe."

"Hi Cher, how did your business call go?"

"Cher?"

"Well, I don't like saying words with more than one syllable so I shortened Sherlock to Cher. You no like?"

"Don't think it's gonna stick babe. Listen, change of plans. I'm picking you up tomorrow instead of Saturday."

"Why?"

"Because I'm meant to have a meeting with my dad to dicuss my future on Friday, and I really don't wanna do that so when he calls I'm telling him we've gone to Amsterdam, and we're even taking Finn's jet so he can't track us. Even more, Finn and Colin are actually going to Amsterdam in my jet, so the entire plan pretty much depends on you."

"Wow, pressure much, Huntz. I'll be ready by tomorrow. Pick me up at 10 and bring tea if you want to live."

"You got it, Queenie."

"Thank you, my loyal subject."

"Anything for you, Your Majesty."

The next day, I was getting a weird sense of déjà vu as I looked at my suitcase. Mom was still asleep, so I just left her a note. Logan turned up at 10 on the dot in his expensive fancy car.

"Ready to go?"

"You mean am I ready for a romantic week alone in Martha's Vineyard with my super hot boyfriend? I'll think about it and get back to you."

"Alright then. You say goodbye to your mom?"

"She's still asleep so I left her a note. I woke Rory up to say goodbye last night but I don't think she understood without coffee."

"Ah, speaking of which, your tea as requested Madam."

"Ugh you're too good to me, Huntzberger."

"I know. Shall we?"

We spent the whole week alone on Martha's Vineyard with our cell phones off most of the time, only checking them once a day to check for emergencies. Colin and Finn texted saying Mitchum had taken the bait and headed to Amsterdam, only to find Finn and his redhead of the day spending time together.

On the journey home, I finally called Mom.

"Hey, Mom."

"Hey?! You go away for an entire week, only leaving the vaguest note about your whereabouts, don't answer your phone and all you can say is hey?!"

"Look, I'm sorry, but you were sleeping and you don't even like Logan."

"Logan? So you're still with the trust fund baby? You told me the two of you broke it off!"

"No, I didn't. I said I was going out with a guy I met, I met Logan and we went out."

"You can't just leave whenever you want!"

"Mom, I am an adult! I am over 18 years of age so I am perfectly entitled to go away for Spring Break with my boyfriend."

"What if there was an emergency?!"