20

"What do you mean, babe? Everything was fine earlier, what happened?"

"It's just, you know how much I love you Logan, you mean everything to me. It's my Mom. She refuses to believe you're a sweet guy and she thinks your working with Grandma and Grandpa to manipulate me."

"She what? That's crazy, Queenie, you know that."

"I know but she's my mom, and all I've ever wanted was for her to be proud of me and love me like she does Rory. I can't survive without you Logan, but she's my mom. I just want her to like you. God, why does she find that so hard?!"

"I don't know, Queenie, I don't know. You wanna come over? We can stay in or go to the pub? Your choice."

"I can't I have school tomorrow. Just because you get an extra week of spring break, us more youthful teens don't. I'm sorry for springing this all on you, but I love you."

"Hey, I love you too and I'm always happy to be your shoulder to cry on."

"Uh, right, sure."

"Alright, call you tomorrow babe. Have a good time at school."

"Yeah, have a good week off. Don't do anything too stupid."

"Ok."

I hung up and stared at my phone wistfully. I felt a little bad about going to Jess before Logan, but I wouldn't have realised what I had to say without taking to Jess. Plus, we've known each other for a while and he's like a brother to me. Not to mention, he's completely and utterly in love with my sister. I shook the thought from my mind and went to bed, needing some kind of sleep to be able to function at school.

I woke up the next morning and got ready for school. "Rory, are you riding with me today?" I asked walking into my sister's room as she got ready.

"Yeah, just give me a minute sis." She was stuffing books in her bag like there was no tomorrow. "OK."

I walked into the kitchen to grab a banana and my mom was sat at the table, drinking coffee once again. "Good Morning, Mom."

"Sierra. Have you thought anymore about what I said to you?"

"I have and I've reached my final decision."

"Oh, and what's that?"

"I'm not going to break up with Logan just because you don't like his family. Hell, even he hates his family, they're horrible people - except his sister - but that's totally not the point. The point is, if I break up with Logan, it will be on my terms and not because of anything you've said. He's my boyfriend, not yours, so you don't get to make this kind of decision for me. If you can't respect my wishes, that's your prerogative but I want you to be happy for me."

"I don't agree with your choices, and I think you're an idiot, but I will be civil with you for Rory's sake."

"For Rory."

"What's for me?" Speak of the Gilmore and she shall appear.

"Nothing." Lorelai spoke.

"Ready to go, Rory?" She nodded. "Let's motor. Bye, Lorelai."

I walked out the door and to my car, where Rory joined me a minute later.

"What's going on with you and mom?"

"It's a stupid argument, but don't worry, we're not gonna turn into Lorelai and Emily because we've both agreed to be civil to each other."

"What's the argument about?"

"My boyfriend."

"The trust fund baby?"

I gritted my teeth. "He has a trust fund, but so do we. Only difference is you don't get yours until you're 25 and I get mine whenever I want."

"You do? Why?"

"Because, Ror, I'm the oldest and therefore the Heiress of the family. Also, Trix doesn't trust Lorelai."

"OK." We continued the rest of the drive in silence and pulled up at school after the longest car ride of my life.

At school, I forgot to do my English homework and subsequently got a detention, and Rory and Paris were in an argument about something. I think it's some speech for the Chilton bicentennial whatever the hell that is.

My phone rang in my Math class. "Miss Gilmore, please turn off your mobile, or answer it if there's an emergency." I checked the caller ID and saw it was Logan. I sighed.

"I'll be right back Mr Davis." Rory looked at me with confusion.

"What do you want dumbass?"

"Well, hello to you too."

"You're interrupting my education."

"What're you learning?"

"AP calc."

"Boring. Wanna hear my news?"

"Well if it's important enough to interrupt calculus then sure."

"My dad wants to meet with you."

"Uh, why? I kinda had a huge go at your family last time I met them."

"Yeah, but he said he admires your spunk and moxie. And he talked to your grandfather."

"Straub?"

"Yup. Don't worry though, my mom still wants you to burn in the fiery pits of hell."

"Well, that's reassuring."

"Definitely. Well, I'll let you get back to Laws of Gravity."

"That's physics babe. How did you get into Yale again?"

"Lots and lots of bribery. See you Friday Queenie?"

"Sure. Love you." I hung up and turned my phone off, walking back into Calc.

"Sorry Sir." He nodded at me and I sat back down. I felt someone tap my back and I turned around to have a note passed to me.

'What's going on?'

It was from Rory. I wrote 'Logan' and passed it back. She nodded in understanding.