26

My plane landed in Hartford Airport at 6am, giving me just enough time to pack for Yale.

Grandma and Grandpa had come to pick me up in a limo. "Grandma! Grandpa! What are you doing here?"

"Well, we haven't seen you for 3 months and we wanted to pick you up from the airport. You do start Yale tomorrow, you know."

"Oh trust me, I know. I'm so excited, it's what I've been dreaming of for years."

"That's because you're a Gilmore."

We sat in the limo and drank champagne. "How was filming?"

"It was great, thank you. I'm so excited. And I learnt so much from the older actors."

"When's the premiere?"

"November of next year. We're not sure of the exact date yet."

"How lovely."

We caught up while the limo drove us to my house, where they had parked. "Sierra?"

"Rory!"

My little sister ran at me and hugged me. "I missed you so much."

"Likewise, how was Europe?"

"So good. Babette called a load of Embassies because we only got back yesterday."

"Oh god. Have you got everything?"

"Nope. We've got some things we need, and stuff for you, but we've still got so much to do."

"Well, let's do it then! Thank you for picking me up, Grandma and Grandpa, it was lovely to see you but we need to pack." I kissed both of them on the cheek and ran off with Rory.

Many hours later, we both had everything we needed including a mattress each.

"OK, Grandma Hayden hired a moving van for me, but it will only fit one person's stuff, I'm sorry Ror."

"It's fine. Mom's borrowing Luke's truck."

"Aah! We're going to Yale!"

"We're going to Yale."

"Gilmore Girls against the world."

"You know it." We linked arms and walked down the street, laughing.

The next day, I got up early to drive to Yale. The moving van arrived at 7am for me to put all of my stuff into and I said goodbye to Rory, even though I would see her later in the day. I also said my goodbyes to Luke, Miss Patty and Babette along with the other townspeople.

I got into my car and drove behind the van all the way to Yale. I got my room assignments, I was sharing a common room with two girls called Lucy and Olivia. The mover and I unpacked my stuff and when I got to the furniture I looked at the girls.

"Um, do you guys mind if I put my own furniture in? My grandma doesn't want me to use, quote on quote, 'couches that over 50 people have done Lord knows what on.' I promise it's nice furniture, I picked it with her."

"Sure, we don't mind. This couch kinda smells like pee anyway." Lucy shrugged at me and I laughed.

"Not wrong."

Over the rest of the afternoon, we bonded and someone came in raving about how there was a dorm that were determining the best takeout places in the area.

"I swear to God, if it's my mother."

"Why would it be your Mom?"

"My sister and I both came to Yale, me for Drama and her for English, we're twins but my mom's always liked her more since she's like her mini-me. Also, for pretty much my entire life my mom has never cooked, always going to our local diner or getting takeout. So, if someone's finding the best take out places in our area, it really wouldn't surprise me if it was my mom."

"Wow. Ok, let's bet on it."

"Bet on it?" I laughed at my new dorm mates.

"Yeah, $10 on it being someone else. What do you say, Sierra?"

"Sure, why not. $10 it's my mom."

"Ok, let's go check it out."

20 minutes later, I was sat on the floor next to my sister eating Thai food.

"How's Yale so far, little sis?"

"It's great. What about you, Sierra, is it everything you ever dreamed of?"

"It's good. I'm already $10 richer so that's fun."