Chapter 1.

Intentions has become my favourite song. Which one is yours ?

🦋🦋🦋🦋

There he was.

Although he'd hardly look at me, when his eyes would scan the classroom for empty seats, my heart would hammer in my chest so fiercely that I'd be afraid he might hear it. The effect he had on me was questionable, even when we roughly exchanged five sentences in the course of seven years. I wasn't able to process my thinking when I'd notice him standing behind me in the cafeteria line and when my face burned when someone talked casually about him, my flustered expression almost giving away how much I was crazy for him.

The last thing I wanted was for everyone to know that I loved Jason Samuels.

I was currently sitting in my homeroom class, in the fourth bench of the middle row, waiting for my best friend, Bethany.

And there he was. Walking inside the classroom, five minutes early as always, with his best friend, George.

He was wearing an all back outfit today -- jet black shirt with Mufti's, one of his all time favourite brands; I know this because he had a post on Facebook dedicated to them; from Ambercrombie to Lacoste; Nike to Puma or from Converse to Tommy Hilfiger, he was very choosy about his clothing labels -- with his plain bottle green Wildcraft slung on both sides. He had his one hand buried inside his black jean pocket and the other was given the liberty to slide through his light brown hair, making some of them stand and stick in directions, enhancing his hotness even more.

I didn't realize I was staring at him for a longer time that I should've, and I sucked in a breath when he caught me in the act. My heart always hammered roughly against my chest, whenever we'd make eye contact and this wasn't the first time. So I wouldn't be surprised if my heart ripped through the flesh and bones and screamed, "I quit!", before jumping and scurrying off.

He was staring at me with eyebrows drawn together in confusion, but I ignored that and shifted my eyes back to the entrance and pretended to scan the room, to show that that's what I was doing.

Just in time, Bethany, entered the classroom and I smiled and waved frantically at her. She noticed me and smiled back, but her expression soon shifted when she took in my weird gesture. We had actually met before the period bell, but she had to go to her car and fetch her water bottle she forgot to carry, before catching up.

I noticed that Jason had resumed conversation with George, out of the corner of my eye, as they took a seat ahead of me in the extreme left row.

I let out a deep breath I knew I was holding, because I'd rather suffocate, before Jason would come up to me, arms akimbo and demand a reason for my creepy stalker act.

Bethany was walking towards me now, that annoying eyebrow still quirked up, waiting for an explanation. "My, my El," she drawled as she took her seat, "What did you do now to make the crow look at you?" She laughed a bit, finding her analogy with Jason's choice of attire, amusing. Given that we were best friends since elementary school, she knew exactly the reason behind my frantic behavior.

I chuckled in response to Beth's quick thinking. We never said Jason's name in public when we talked about him, because the people around us were either keen for gossip or loved eavesdropping.

"Well", I smiled sheepishly in response and said, "I was caught bird watching."

"By a bird?" And we both laughed.

Mrs. Smith, entered as the period bell rang, and our laughter died in our throat as I heard the students around me audibly gulp, when we noticed she had a glower plastered on her face and a fire of anger beneath those round glasses.