Chapter 11

It had been two months since Jason started hanging out with us, and things were pretty okay. I mean, in a way, yes it was frustrating for me because the guy I loved was sweet and gentle but I couldn't exactly step into his personal space and kiss the hell out of him.

What I am trying to say is, even when we both were on good terms now, it made it all the more difficult to move on from my feelings for him.

He was omnipresent at school, on my social media — he unblocked and sent me a request — and also some visits to my house. The first time he came to my place was a kind gesture to drop me off. I rejected but he was adamant in insisting and so the next thing was me sitting on the fine leather seat of his car while subtly gawking at his side frame and his muscles.

Even when he seemed to have realised it, he didn't protest which was still a lot to process for me. After we stopped, he welcomed himself in my house and sat on the living room couch saying, "You're not going to give your guest anything to eat?"

I wouldn't have fussed about Jason lounging at my place when there was another entity present. But him and I being alone made me think of all the steamy things that we could be doing instead of sitting 5 feet apart.

Not much happened then and summer vacations had already begun by now. We would meet up every few days but not just me and him but with our other friends as well.

"Eleanor!" My mom called from downstairs, "There is someone here to see you."

Confused, I got up and checked outside my window to see an unfamiliar car parked in my yard. It couldn't have been any of my friends also because we were supposed to meet later today.

As I descended down the stairs to check upon who it was, my expressions turned into shock as I took in the person standing in my doorway.

"I need your help." Her desperate and helpless look etched on her face gave me mixed feelings of suspicion and concern.

"What kind of help?" I asked with uncertainty.

"It's complicated I'll explain everything when you get back—" I cut her off.

"Get back from where Rebecca?"

"It's Jason." She said with her shoulders slumped in defeat. Her blue eyes looked like they were going to be filled with tears in no time.

I got worried now. What could happen to him? Is he alright?

But before I could voice my thoughts. Her face constricted and she cupped her face in her hands. Reluctantly, I cupped her arm with my hand and asked her, "Tell me what's wrong? You're scaring me."

She slowly looked up and then as if she remembered something, she removed a small ribbon box from her coat pocket.

"I know you must be confused." She said in a frantic state. She was right about that because the seriousness of the situation and the decoration on the box didn't match at all. "But there is something important in this. Jason needs whatever is inside it."

It all seemed to happen really fast. Rebecca coming home, not explaining me the situation completely and asking to hand me my cell phone for her to make some calls (as she didn't have hers) and reassuring me again and again that I'm wasting time and Jason is in some danger.

Her worried state pressurised me to believe everything she said and I caved in to do exactly what she said.

I was anxious about what was happening as well and so without wasting time I pocketed the box and folded the piece of paper in which Rebecca had written the address I was supposed to drive to.