A Familiar Sight - chapter 8

8 years later

Y/n's POV

I am now a famous hero, called Yumiho. My quirk is shadow manipulation. I have a daughter named d/n.

I was once on the news for something shocking. I did something I shouldn't and did not give a good image to teenagers as a hero. I...had a one night stand. The father of my daughter is unknown. As for now, I am a single mother.

Today, I have a day off so I've decided to go shopping with d/n. It was a lot of fun as we got some bonding time despite all the hero work.

D/n was telling me something about her classmates while walking around the mall. I laughed and chuckled as I listen to her daily "ranting" about her classmates and school.

I looked away from d/n and realised I was about to bumped  into someone. "I apologize." I said as I turned around to look at the person I almost bumped into. "Heh. Fast reflex."

Such a familiar voice and sight.

Spiky blonde hair, beautiful crimson red eyes, the familiar smirk, and standing posture. Yet, I can't seem to find the final piece of puzzle to who he was.

I find myself staring at him and quickly apologize. "Do I...know you?" I asked, hoping for an answer. His smirk dissappeared after hearing the question. "I guess you really forgot..huh?" He sighed and looked at d/n who smiled at him. "I see...you're married now too." "N-no actually I'm a single mother." I explained. I swear he was smirking for a second but he went back to his usual facial expression. "Well then, see you around I guess." With that said, he walked past me. That sweet caramel scent. Such a familiar scent. My eyes followed his every movement, still trying to figure out who he was.

"Mummy?" D/n called out. I stopped staring and looked at her. "Yes, honey?" "Do you love him?" I blushed at the question. "N-no honey! I just thought he looked familiar!" She looked towards the man's figure and shrugged. "Okay then.. let's go to that shop!" She excitedly pointed towards a shop nearby. "Sure!" I smiled at her as we walked to the store.

Such a familiar face... who is he?

Oh God this is shorter than I expected. I apologize...

Wordcount: 400 words