Chapter 1

Hello, my name is Mika - so actually Mikaela - but since I don't like my name, I always introduce myself as Mika. Of course, this sometimes causes confusion, because then I am often thought to be a boy - if you don't know my appearance.

But if you get to know me personally, you will find out that I am a "normal" girl at the age of 18.
I have blonde, straight hair, which reaches up to half of my back, and which I actually always wear open. I only tolerate braids during sports - a normal ponytail - or during sleep - a braid - so that I can at least get my hair straightened somehow the next morning.

I also have bright light blue eyes that are envied by many people. My girlfriends even said they looked like the eyes of a white tiger... But I didn't really buy that. But in fact, my eyes are the only thing on my body that I actually felt "pretty".

On my 18th birthday my family gave me my own apartment near my parents' house. My family, these are: my mum, my dad and my brother Ryan, who is three years younger than me.
My paternal grandparents were originally from Canada, but my father had already been born in Germany. However, they gave me the pleasure of growing up bilingual. Something that I learned to appreciate more and more over time.

So I led a normal life, had to go to school to get my high school diploma and visited my family once a week. Mostly on Sundays. Then we went to church together in the morning or just slept out and did something together afterwards. This was sometimes a bit difficult when my brother stood up, but in the end we always found something that gave us all joy.

This morning began like any ordinary Sunday morning. We had agreed that this time we would use the "sleep in and do something" version. That's why I decided to stay in bed a little longer. At some point, however, I couldn't resist just lying around and my stomach started to make itself felt too. So I got up, had breakfast and dressed for the day.

It would certainly be a beautiful day. My mother had taken over the planning for today. To the joy of my father and my brother. But my mother and I were of the opinion that both of them would be okay with shopping at least once or just going for a stroll.

What I didn't know at that time:
This day could change my whole life.

________________________________________

How do you like the story so far? Not so much has happened yet... I'm still happy about feedback.