Chapter 6

As soon as I had arrived in my study room, I started up the PC. This sentence from him "...pop star Shawn Mendes..." simply couldn't get out of my head. I opened the Internet access and entered in a search engine just "Shawn Mendes".

A wave of articles, pictures and videos flooded me. I really seemed to live behind the moon. I was too curious to stop now, so I clicked on the first video I saw.

It was a music video called "There's nothing holding me back".
Yes, I had already heard this song on the radio.

Why didn't his voice sound familiar to me in the park? Probably I just hadn't paid attention to it.

The music video was beautifully made and had certainly taken up an incredible amount of time and work. But something disturbed me. Subconsciously, but it disturbed. This girl! Did he have a girlfriend?
Of course not that it would bother me, let alone that it would concern me. I only knew him for 5 hours.

"Don't be so naive", I made a fool of myself here. He is a pop star. He would never want someone like you, a normal girl to be his girlfriend. Never! Nevertheless, it would have reassured me incredibly to know whether he had a girlfriend or not.
That's why the next thing I looked up was a profile of him. In this one he was single. Relief. My goodness, why am I like that! Nevertheless still a certain tension. You could still have secrets from the media as a pop star, couldn't you?

I clicked through more videos, many of which were interviews. I loved his voice, even if he didn't use it for singing. Moreover, almost all his answers had a deeper meaning and he radiated a kind of wisdom that I had never seen before in a 20-year-old.

How could I teach him tomorrow that I now knew exactly who he was.
I hoped so much that this would not change anything between us. Because I liked him. Really. Very much.

His hearty nature and the way he had treated me, even though we had not known each other, had deeply impressed me.
I didn't like him for being a famous singer.
I liked him because of his fantastic personality.

Let's see what tomorrow would bring.
But now it was time to go to sleep.

~next morning~

Since I didn't want to deal with the current situation of my grandfather - or better said could - I tried to distract myself all day long.
I was secretly looking forward to meeting Shawn and couldn't help but feel irresponsible towards my family. But they would certainly understand that I just wasn't mentally able to deal with what had happened.

At 5 o'clock on the dot, the doorbell rang. There Shawn stood and smiled friendly at me. It made me even happier when I saw that his smile was real and meant something to me.

"Come in first Shawn," I told him and led him to the couch. Uncertain, he followed me and sat down. I myself sat down in the opposite wing chair.

"Listen Shawn", I began slowly. That sounded like an interrogation. But now he seemed to be a little more relaxed again and nodded encouragingly to me, even if his gaze still showed insecurity.

"I know who you are," I finally burst out. He nodded thoughtfully and then asked: "Do you hate me now? I looked at him in amazement. How did he get the idea. Confused, I shook my head: "Why should I? Nervously he drove his fingers through his hair. "Well, I didn't tell you."
I started to laugh quietly: "Shawn, we only knew each other for 5 hours. What do you think would have happened if you had attacked me directly. Maybe I would have run away in fright. You don't owe me anything. Besides, you're great!

After the last sentence I noticed how I slowly but surely ran red. Shawn's gaze showed only relief. He really cared about me? "I just want nothing to change between us," I said and he agreed: "Yes, that would be nice. You are finally someone who doesn't like me because of me being famous".

I don't think I could understand how hard it must be for him to find "normal" people of his trust when many people pretended to be nice to him just to share in his fame. It was disgusting that some people only thought so.

But I wanted to be there for Shawn and he wanted to be there for me. I knew that from the moment he put his strong arms around me for the first time. Maybe what was actually happening here was love at first sight. And although I hadn't believed before that this kind of love really existed, I began to believe more and more in it.

But Shawn and I? Would that be okay? Pop star and "normal" German girl. That was already doomed to failure. Besides, what kind of funny hopes did I have here? I had known him for a day and what we were could only be called friends.

Nevertheless, he just didn't want to get out of my head anymore.

___________________________________

This is what I originally said on my german post:

I'm really sorry I haven't been able to post lately. There is just a lot for me to do for school right now. So I don't have much time to write anymore. I also publish a fanfiction part on Instagram every evening in English... a lot of my time goes into it. Strangely enough, when I write in German, I often have writer's blocks... At least that's how I feel right now. I hope you understand that. But of course I also try to write on Wattpad ;)

P.S. I am proud of everyone who actually read my comment until the end :)