Chapter 10

Somehow Shawn had managed to get me a cab to take me home. To get in, the driver even got out to open the door for me. What did Shawn threaten him with? I had to smile.

When the driver dropped me off at home and I wanted to pay him, he shook his head and said, "Mr. Mendes has already paid for everything. Then he went on and even waved me goodbye.

I stepped into my apartment amused. The whole trip I had been almost overflowing with joy. Now the cold panic seized me. What the hell should I wear?

After some time I had decided on black jeans, a white T-shirt and a jeans jacket. I was quite satisfied with this outfit. I quickly freshened up and drove off.

During the ride, thoughts plagued me, which I had tried for a long time to suppress or at least to hold back. Was I allowed to be happy at all? Right now? My grandpa was in hospital and my family was worried unbelievable... and I was here and had the feeling that I had finally found joy in life - apart from the fact that I knew that Shawn would have to leave Germany tomorrow.

At the end of the trip I had come to the conclusion that my grandpa wouldn't want me to stop living my life because he was in hospital. At least that's what I hoped. My Grandpa had always wanted only the best for me and just now the best was coming to me. The timing was just bad, but I would enjoy the time Shawn and I had together.

With a better conscience I parked a few streets away from the arena, walked the last few feet and then looked for the entrance to the backstage area. When I found it, I showed my passport to security and one of the two men led me to the side entrance of the Q & A area where I could watch Shawn.

Suddenly Josiah appeared next to me: "Ah, Mika, good to see you." I wanted to shake his hand, but he immediately went into a hug before he stood to his tripod and started taking pictures.

Watching him at work fascinated me incredibly. Josiah seemed to have felt my curious look at himself, because he pointed to a chair behind him. There was another camera. "You can also take photos if you want," he said. Thankfully I took the camera and started taking photos myself.

When the Q & A was over, I handed Josiah the camera I had used. He started clicking through the pictures and nodded impressed: "They're not so bad Mika." I laughed, "Thank you, but yours are fantastic as always." He nodded embarrassed after my praise: "I hope so".

Suddenly long arms lay around me from behind. I turned around and looked into Shawn's smiling face. Josiah, next to us, quickly pulled out the camera and took a picture of us standing there so casually hugging each other. Shawn quickly looked at his wristwatch and said, "Sorry, I gotta go. Toilet." Then he went away.

"Can you please send me the photo of Shawn and me you just took," I asked Josiah. He nodded: "Of course. No problem. Should I show you where you need to go or where Shawn wants you to be during the concert?" "Yes, please. If you have time for it."

I followed Josiah to a place in the first row, far left- far right seen from the stage. It was perfect. Josiah assured me that I would see Shawn great and that there would always be someone from the team around me when I needed something. "Connor and I are going to be running around here a lot and maybe Brian will come to you. Anyway, Shawn hired another bodyguard to look after you personally," Josiah said and laughed briefly. "The boy really seems to have taken you into his heart. He's never done all this before," he winked at me. I couldn't prevent myself from turning red, but I smiled at Josiah, who soon disappeared.

When he had left, Jake appeared behind me: "Hello Mika". He shook my hand. "This is John. He takes care of you, okay? You probably already know about it, don't you?" I nodded and shook John's hand as well: "Hi" and he answered with the strongest British accent I had ever heard: "Hello Ms...?" "Reynolds. But please just call me Mika," I jumped in quickly.