Chapter 4

Suddenly I felt someone put their arm around me and just held me tight. It felt like a hold I could trust.

Somewhat disoriented I awoke from my trance and looked directly into the boy's face. He had stopped playing and had slipped over to me to take me in his arms.

Unbelievable- I had cried in front of him- how embarrassing...

"What is going on", he asked me gently, but then apparently realized again that I was actually a stranger and moved away a bit, "of course only if you want to talk about it...".

I nodded. "Could you", I cleared my throat, "could you perhaps put your arm around me again? He smiled: "Of course, it looked like you could use someone."

I nodded again. "So... do you want to talk about it?," he asked again. So I began to tell him about my day.

When I was finished, he nodded understandingly. Then he smiled: "What is your name, if I may ask? And why do you speak English so well?

Wait, what? I had been talking in English the whole time without noticing? Another cheer for my bilingual education!

I also smiled a little: "I am Mika", and formally gave him my hand, "and I can speak English so well because I grew up bilingual. My grandparents are originally from Canada. What is your name?

"My name is Shawn. Also nice getting to know you. As luck would have it, I come from Canada," he laughed and also shook my hand.

It's funny that I just talked to a stranger about myself...

"Thank you Shawn," I said and he laughed quietly: "No cause."

After we had talked for a while he cleared his throat and then asked uncertainly: "Ehmmm Mika... Could I have your number?"
What was I glad that he had asked! Otherwise I probably would have gone home without his number, because I wouldn't have dared to ask him.

I nodded: "Sure, let's swap cell phones and enter each other's numbers. I would be really happy to stay in touch with you." I saw his eyes lighting up. He was obviously happy, too.

After the numbers had changed I slowly rose: "I should really go home now, I'm sorry". He nodded understandingly. How could a person be so nice?

"Tomorrow at 20:00 o'clock again here ", he asked me and I agreed.

Then I left the park and made my way home - running. Led by Google Maps this could become an adventure!

________________________

Everybody get home safe if you're on your way!

Now for real talk! SHAWNS TOUR! I don't have the words! What they have put there all again on the legs is really unbelievable. And his falsetto voice - to melt away. I hope I'm not the only one who does ;)

That's what I wrote under the German part but since it's facts I'll just leave it here too. I'm just sad that the European leg of the tour is over already.

Leave some comments :)