Chapter 2

I regret walking into this dang gym. The moment I walked in the door, I was slammed in the face with a dodgeball. I walked over to the teacher, nursing a now bleeding nose, threw my pass at him and bolted into the locker room. Thankfully, I found the tissues.

So now I'm sitting on the side of the gym, watching my class play dodgeball. These teams are so unfair. To the left, we have what looks like almost the whole football team and 2 girls who obviously play softball. To the right, we have 3 nerds left in, cowering behind 2 jocks who are as dumb as marshmallows. I check the clock. There are only 8 minutes left! When will the teacher send them to change? As if reading my mind, one of the football players calls out,
"Yo, coach, when are we going to change?" as he catches a ball aimed for the back of his head. How? I don't know.

The teacher looks at the clock, startled. He then blows his whistle for everyone to go change. The class stampedes towards the locker rooms. I look at my schedule. History next. Yay. I never can remember dates, so hopefully it's a nice teacher.

I walk in and freeze when I see the teacher. He turns around and smiles.

"Kayla! How are you doing?" he says, walking over. Mr. Walters' wife worked with my mom before we moved here. What a coincidence. Class flies by, ending in seemingly minutes. I walk out the door and turn the corner to go to the aux gym for my free period, hoping it'll be open for me to use. I've been dying to dance, but we've been too busy unpacking. All of the sudden, I run into a black wall.

That's weird. The walls here are usually white bricks, not black fabric.... Oh no.

I look up to see that the wall is a human being.

A very
very
VERY
aesthetically pleasing human.

I think that jaw just cut my diamond earrings.

A/N- Thanks so much! The guy is above, but imagine however you want!
~Meggo🦄