Chapter 6

"Ye- yeah. Let me just get something from my bag." I reply, knowing full well that my shaky voice gave my lie away. Little lies, all the time. Somehow, I haven't gotten better with practice.
****

I go and grab my makeup bag, applying some basic foundation while I'm out of the diamond eyed boy's view. My hands are still shaking, but I cover what's needed. I put some lipstick on to hide the last of them, and shove it back into my bag. He still hasn't come out yet, so I take a breath.

In 7, hold 8, out 4
Repeat.

I hear the locker room door open, and footsteps behind me. I tense, ready to bolt from my next bully.

"I'm sorry I scared you. You danced beautifully"

     I realize it's him, and not only does the tension in my shoulders release, they slump. Here it goes again. He's already talking to me with that voice, treating me like I'm a glass bomb that could burst into rivers of tears at any moment. He even put a compliment in there. I cringe at the thought of a stranger having just seen me dancing. I haven't shown anyone my dancing in over a year. 

I stand up slowly, preparing myself for his look of pity. The same look of pity I've grown to despise. But when I turn around, my voice catches. This is a different type of pity. This is not, oh, poor thing. She's just broken out in tears, and she's so fragile. No, that's not it. This is I can tell you are going through something. Me too. I'm sorry you're going through the same hell.

My mouth flops open and closed like a dead fish. Thankfully, I eventually come to my senses.
"What's your name?" I ask,

"The name's Creek" he says, smirking. I raise an eyebrow. That's a new name. Who would name their child after a form of water? It's like naming your child ocean or lake.

"Austin Creek," He clears up my confusion, "and you?"

I shake my head and grab my phone out of my pocket. He tilts his head to the side as I unlock it and open notes. I type my name in and turn the screen to him. He nods in understanding.
"So, what's the deal with you talking?"

Hmmmmm... How to explain this....
Preferably without breaking into tears a second time?
**************
Thanks so much for reading!
Ik that her disorder is extremely rare if at all even possible 🙃 I don't really care, it's a book for a reason.
   Vote, comment, all that jazz 😉
       ~Meggo🦄