listen 《 eighteen 》

"I've been liking her for years, but she always has her eyes for Naruto. What does Naruto have that I don't? I'm far greater than he is-"

"That's my best friend we are talking about," I said, and he scoffed.

"And?" He asked, making me smile a bit.

He was attractive that way. Or in any way, actually.

"Just continue," I said, and he nodded.

"As a girl, do you know why girls prefer... uhm... others than those who love them?" Asked Sasuke, but I could tell that he ate his pride asking me that question.

"Because, Sasuke, girls like those who don't pay attention to them. Those who seem like they can't have them," I whispered, tearing my gaze away from his.

I breathed unevenly, suddenly feeling like I was exposed to him. Did I say too much?

Will he now figure out why I said that?

Or does he already know I like him?

"It's really unfair. I really care so much about her. But no one seems to care about me the same way," he muttered, probably not intended for me to hear.

I sighed, and then gathered up my courage to look at him. His onyx eyes met mine, and I could almost melt right then there but I stopped myself.

I do care about you, idiot.

"There's someone out there who cares about you. You just have to listen," I said, biting my lip as I looked away again because his gaze was so intense. It was as if he was searching for my soul.

"Shit." He said, and I furrowed my brows.

Before I could stop him, he already went away and out of my apartment, leaving the couch untouched as if he wasn't even there before.

I sighed.

What was it?