listen 《 end 》

It's been two years. It was indefinite whether he would even come back, or what day he was planning to, but something inside me still hoped he'd come.

A lot of things changed after he was gone. Naruto and Hinata got together, Sakura was happy with her life, Temari got together with Shikamaru, and both Gaara and Kankuro almost made it their life mission to protect me. Sometimes they would even beat a guy to pulp whenever he spared me a glance or stole a wink. For what reason? I don't know.

It was Friday night, and we were at the usual club. Although, while they were having fun downstairs, I was on the rooftop trying to intake the fresh night and the bright twinkling hope of the stars.

I smiled, remembering how Sasuke and I talked here. It was when he first revealed he was listening. It brought a smile to my face, remembering him.

When the thought of his words on his letter from two years ago visited my mind, I smiled. Even after two years, I couldn't help but admire him and stay true to my feelings. It just happens.

I furrowed my brows when something crossed my mind. When he indirectly told me he liked me, did it stay the same in the span of two years?

"Alone again, huh, Shirai?"

I froze. It was him.

Tears flowed down my cheeks as he walked towards me with a smirk.

"Crybaby." He said.

I was about to protest, but I widened my eyes when I felt his soft lips against mine. I fluttered my eyes closed, as I let myself drown with the feeling.

It was when he pulled away that I regained consciousness, but his lips still intoxicated my love. For even better, I was drunk with his love.

He then placed my head on his chest, so I just hugged him, my heart beating faster.

It seemed too good to be true.

"Listen. It beats for you, too," he said. "I'm glad Gaara and Kankuro did a great job by putting away all those guys vying for your attention."

I gaped, shocked that it was his order. Did Gaara and Kankuro just follow orders from someone?

"Shirai!"

"SHIRAI!"

"Shirai."

I turned my head to the noise, my eyes widening and my heart breaking.

Why am I... in the classroom?

"Oi, Shirai? You're daydreaming again? Sasuke will melt if you keep staring. Just confess if you're gonna be like that," said Naruto, and I bit my trembling lip.

I looked around, touched my hair in case it was still long, but I found it was shorter.

Tears streamed down my face as I shook.

"Shirai, if you're going to cry in my class, why not go to the rest room?" Said Iruka-sensei, and I shook my head.

Naruto gave me a weird look, but I just shook my head.

Of course. It was too good to be true. I knew it.

But if I did confess... will he listen?