listen 《 twenty 》

Shirai,

I never write letters. But now I am. Because I have to tell you something. Do you remember the time when I went to your place and we talked? Yeah, when I just left you there looking like a confused cat. Hn. I'm sorry I left, but I have a reason.

You were right, Shirai. You were so right. About that listen thing. I knew it all along, but I never paid much attention because I thought you were just another one of them, liking me for being the perfect guy. But you saw me wasted, in every other way, but still stayed. You knew I loved Hinata, but you became happy for me, unlike those who wanted to torture her.

The truth is, I've always listened. I always hear your voice, Shirai. But I was so used to the fact that I was in love with Hinata that I was scared when I started looking for... you, and not her.

Maybe it started at that time when I saw how Gaara cared for you, that I realized it. Or maybe on that rooftop. Or when I watched how Naruto told you he wasn't coming home with you. I don't know.

I won't have the chance to say this in person, because I'd be a coward, but Shirai, I listened. I listened to your heartbeats until they became the same pace as mine.

I'll be back after two years, and I hope you wait for me. I'll make things right, then. Wait up for me.

Sasuke.