Part I

Midoriya's POV

"Hello class," Mr. Aizawa began. "Today we will be doing partner fighting as your training. I will pick partners once we are at the training grounds."

Everyone exists the room to change into our hero outfits. I turn back and realize that Todoroki is walking farther behind everyone else. But I also find a gloomy look on his face. This is unusual for Todoroki, his is usually quiet but not this down.

"Something is up with him," I thought curiously.

Once we are at the training grounds we are then assigned our partners.

"Iida your paired with Momo, Uraraka your with Mineta and Midoriya your partner is Todoroki."

This is great, maybe I can spend some time with Todoroki and find out what's bothering him. For a while we are just going back and forth with our attacks but while he was making a attack using his ice, he seemed to trip and fall. I run over to his side.

"Are you all right?" My question blurts out in a concerned tone.

"Yes I'm fine. I just lost my focus." He answered not looking up from the ground once. "I need to take a walk and clear my head."

With that he got up and walked away not breaking eye contact with the ground once. Only a couple seconds later I see him stumble down once more. Once again I dart over to his aid.

"Are you sure your not hurt?" I start checking his body before he can even answer. Then a big bloody slash on is calf gains my attention.

"I should take you to recovery girl," I calmly say already helping him off the ground.

"No it's fine it's just a scrape," Todoroki tries to convince me but I already have my mind made up.

"No it's not fine, it looks very deep and it could get infected."

"You sound like my mom," he says once again but this time his tone is more annoyed sounding.

I help him walk over to recovery girl were she gives him stitches. She wouldn't use her healing because his injury was not major enough. Then we start walking back to the classroom.

"You didn't have to help me you know. I could have made it here by myself."

"It's alright, I wanted to help and wasn't it was easier with me there helping you?"

He didn't answer my question. The look on his face from before didn't go away. It seemed to only get worse. It may not by any of my business but he might need someone to talk to and to just be there for him.

"Is everything alright Todoroki? You seem really down today. Is there something you want to talk about?"

He suddenly look up at me with a look of surprise and concern. He stays that way for a couple seconds before gazing out in front of him.

"No I'm fine," he tries to say in the most convincing tone he could possibly muster.

I do not buy it. I know there is something wrong but I guess he doesn't want to get into it.

"Alright well just know that you can talk to me if there is something," I say with a smile.

Todoroki's POV

I look at Midoriya out of the corner of my eye at him smiling. It makes my whole face go beat red so I stare at the ground again until my face temperature goes down. I wish I was good enough for him. He wouldn't want to be with someone like me anyways, why would he? The rest of the day goes by and all I could think about is the green haired boy. The beautiful freckles on his face and his perfect smile. Then the school day ends and it time to go home, the place I hate most in the world. I walk in the entrance and take off my shoes. Not even a moment later I'm greeted with a punch in the face. I stumble back against the wall.

"Your late Shoto," he booms. "That's an extra hour in the training room."

I ignore his last words and look him in the eyes. His eyes meet mine but are full of anger. I quickly look down at my feet.

"Where's Fuyumi?" I question him.

"She has not returned," he booms once again.

My hands make a fist and my teeth clench in anger and disappointment. Before he could make another move on me I swiftly make my way to my room and lock the door. My father comes after me and won't stop pounding on the door.

"We are not done here Shoto open now!"

I ignore his threats and stand in the middle of my room, still filled with disappointment and sadness.

"Sis... where are you," I choke out whispering.