SESSION ONE

SESSION ONE.
"The cracks on my phone...remind me of..." Keegan gently runs his hand down the split crack right above the home button, to the top of the phone where there is a big chip. "The end. I know that 2012 is only a movie but what if..." His eyes shown curiosity, and fear; Because he was indeed, feightened of how humanity would go exitinct. He brushes his thick black hair out of his eyes, and sitting up straighter against my couch.

"How'd you crack your phone?" He snaps out whatever haze he is in, and meets my eye. He crosses his feet – whenever he gets nervous. I make him nervous when I ask question, as I noticed. His leg would bounce when I wrote my notes, or he would shift in his spot when I'd stare at him. He licks his lips and looks back at the screen, before shoving it back into his hoodie pocket pouch.

"It fell out of my pocket before I got in here." He laughs softly, crossing his legs; always his left over his right first. He has been my client for over two years now, been meeting two days every month. When I first met him, he was deadly quiet, shy. He cried alot, held so much stuff in. After about the sixth month, he opened up. Told me his dark stories of the past, his trauma, what his home life is like. He only has one sibling, now a year old sister named Avaline. His parents, Jillian and Mark. He had a brother, but he died in a car accident three years ago – he was only seventeen.

"How are your medications treating you?" I pull out my notepad, and clicking my pen open.

"The peroxetine... maked me puke bile."

"Bile?" I look up at him, he doesn't have a medical issue. "Are... you eating properly, Keegan?" He goes quiet for only one second – and I already have my answer.

"Yes–" His leg starts to bounce, what a liar. I nod my head and write in my notepad.

anorexia reappearing.

"I-I'm not starving myself, Dr.William. I'm not." His eyes say otherwise, he doesn't know it but his eyes speak more truth than his mouth has. He doesn't have a lying problem just... when I bring up something he is severly uncomfortable talking to me with. I nod my head once more, placing my notepad on the coffee table and leaning back into my chair. "You don't believe me, huh?" His facial expression drops, and a frown appears on his face and he collaspses into the couch, drapping his arm over his eyes and leaning back.

"No matter how hard you try, your eyes speak the loudest." He turns away from me, propping his legs on the armrest and looking out the window. "I'm going to raise youe dosage to 200 milligrams, okay?" I begin to write down a prescription for him.

"Whatever..." He mumbles under his breath. I love the way the natural lighting just brings out his pominent features, the porcelain skin, obsedian eyes from a distance, the full pink lips... the high cheekbones. When he's upset, theres one tiny line mark right in the center of his eyebrows – not to deep but noticable. When he's upset at me, his head is tilt downwards and he gives me kind of this glare but not really a glare.

"I think, we need to get you to see a behavioral therapist–" He looks at me, his face softening. "You've made a lot of progress, Keegan. I'm so proud of you for that... but we need to move on and see someone who can offer help with the relapse because medication i'm prescribing you isn't working." Right away, he wants to say something. He opens his mouth several times but nothing comes out.

"O-okay." He looks back at the window, completely avoiding my gaze.

"Okay. I'll refer you to my friend who works down in that area, get you booked for an appointment right away." I stand up, he sighs and stands up also, he head hung low.
"We can still meet once a month but this is important and you know it is, okay? You can do this." I place my palm on his shoulder, squeezing softly. His eyes steadily meet mine, uncertainity in his eyes. He likes to doubt everything, which is why I can't help him. I can... help him get over the trauma in his life but I can't make his habits die. He nods his head and covers himself with his arms and looks down at his shoes. I almost stumble back when he quickly wraps his arms around my torso, shoving his face in my chest. I wrap my arms around his shoulders and give him a friendly hug. He lets go rather quickly and dismisses himself out of my room. A goodbye hug.