Father Daughter Bonding

"Ponyboy?" I called out. I hope someone is here. They have to be. When I go into the book they do. But then again, I didn't come in through the book. I don't know how I got here.

"Dandelion?" I heard a voice say. It was Ponyboy. "How did we get here?" He asked as he appeared from around the cornor.

"I don't know. All I remember was that I was sitting in my room with a headache then I was somewhere else. I think I was in Mom's house when she was younger. You and her were talking about having kids, then I was in my parents room and my Mom was telling you that she told me about my abilities. I think that was when I was younger. Then the next thing I knew I woke up here. I-I don't know how I got here or what happened."

"So...you don't know how you got here? You don't know how to get back either?" He asked. I shook my head.

I seen a small grin form on his face. "Looks like your stuck in Tulsa for awhile then."

"That's not funny, Ponyboy. I need to find a way to get home. My parents are probably worried sick."

Pony shrugged. "Well, I'm not." I walked by him and smacked his arm. He only laughed.

"Where's everyone else?"

Pony shrugged. "I don't know. They will probably be home soon. They're probably confused as heck right now."

"Well I am. I have no clue how I got here." A thought came to me. "What if I'm stuck here? Oh gosh, I don't want to be stuck here. It's not that I have a problem with you guys, it's just that on one knows I'm here and they will probably tear their hair out worrying and trying to find me. To find a girl who isn't even in. her own time. Oh this is messed up! I don't understand anything anymore." I sat down on the counch and ran my hand through my hair. I was so confused, so worried.

"Calm down. You'll be home soon. Don't worry. Just have fun like you did when you first got here."

"Okay." Was all I said. It's going to be hard to 'have fun' when I know that my parents will, if they haven't already, be completly worried about where there daughter went. Even if they have an idea if where I went, they can't do anything about it. They can't come inside a book.

I wonder if they know I'm here. Mom probably has the book in her room, and she knows I didn't leave my room or go into her room. My parents room is downstairs while mine is upstairs. I had no way of getting it without them seeing me.

"Oh my gosh." I sat there and rubbed my temples. Everything feels wrong. I felt good the first time I was here. Now I don't feel good at all. How did Mom deal with this, I though. And I thought what she went through was stressful. This is ten times worse.

I let out a small sigh. "Can we go do something? Something that will take my mind off things."

"Sure. Where do you want to go? We can go out to eat. We can go to the park or on a walk."

"Wait. What time is it?" I felt in my pocket for my phone but it wasn't there. It must still be on my bed. Great, I thought.

Pony looked at the clock on the wall. "2:30."

I nodded. "Can we go out to eat. I'm not really hungery, but I want a milkshake or something...something sweet."

"Okay. Let me grab my wallet." Before he got around the cornor to go into his room he pointed at me and said, "And I'm paying."

I wanted to argue but I didn't have money with me. Heck, I barely have money. At least money that can be used in this time. I have money on my credit card and that can't be used here.

Pony came back from out of his room and walked over to the door and put on his shoes. "Come on. I'm ready."

I stood up from the couch and we both walked out the door. "So where do you want to go? We can go to The Dingo, the Dariy Queen, or McDonalds."

"Is that all?" I asked. I was kind of shocked. I know this is the poor side of town but still.

"Yeah. Everything else is on the Soc side of town."

"Oh. Well how about we go to The Dingo? I've never been there. I've never even heard of it."

"Okay. That sounds good. You'll love it," He said with a smile.

When we got there Pony held the door for me to go inside. It was a really nice place. We walked over to a booth and sat down, a few minutes later a lady came up with two menus. She sat them down and asked us what we wanted to drink. "Two milkshakes," Pony said.

"What flavor?" The lady asked.

"Chocolate," Pony and I both said at the same time. We looked at each other and laughed. The lady smiled before walking off.

"Love birds," I heard her mumble before walking off.

"Ew," I said, still laughing. "Did you hear that?"

Pony nodded and laughed. "Little does she know." Was all he said. It took as a moment to stop laughing. When we finally got a straight face, Pony asked me a question.

"How do you like Tulsa so far?" Pony asked. "I know you haven't been here long, but you have been here before."

"It's nice, I guess. The Socs bother me though."

"Don't let them get to you. If they ever bother you just remember that your family is by your side. We will protect you."

I smiled. "Thanks, Ponyboy. I don't know what I'd do without you."

He smiled as the lady came back with our milkshakes. She took our menus before walking off.

"I really hope the guys are okay. I mean, they just woke up in a random place in town with no explanation. How would you feel if that happened to you?"

"Uh...it did."

"No, I mean if I wasn't there. You would be freaking out if I wasn't there, right?"

"Probably. But why were you there? Like why was it just me and you? Where are the others? Why didn't they wake up at home?"

"I don't know. Maybe they woke up at work or something. Let's not worry too much about them. Let's just enjoy the peace and quiet." Pony laughed. I smiled at my little joke. But it didn't soothe me that much. I was still worried.