Chapter 3

----------------------------

February 9th, X300

---------------------------

"Come on Claudia, just one last push! I can already see that the head is almost out!"

With all the strength she could muster, Claudia pushed with a scream before collapsing on the bed exhausted. A wail ripped through the lungs of the baby as the mid wife cut the umbilical cord. She glanced at her husband who looked at her with pride as he stroked her pink locks and placed a sweet kiss on her sweaty forehead. She looked at him with a tired smile on her face before closing her eyes to take a deep needed breath. When she opened her eyes again she saw a nurse carrying a blue bundle of blankets in her arms. She smiled at the couple as she handed their new-born child to the mother, who immediately took her child from the nurse and held him close to heart.

"Congratulations, it's a healthy baby boy!"

The nurse left after giving the baby a thorough bath and making sure that the baby is held properly. Nazar stared at his sleeping wife before looking at their dark haired son that slept peacefully in his crib. Five hours later, a doctor came in the room with a birth certificate as he asked the new parents for their chosen name for their child.

"Zeref. Zeref Dragneel."

Nazar looked at his wife, who woke up to feed her child milk. She nodded with a smile on her face as she looked back at her son in her arms who looked at his mother with a giggle.

"Zeref Dragneel it is."

After asking a few questions, the doctor left to tend to other patients, leaving the new family to marvel at their new-born son. Claudia looked at her husband who looked at their sun in awe. She smiled adjusting her grip on him before turning to face her husband, who's eyes stayed glued to his son's dark eyes that he clearly inherited from his mother.

"Can you hold him? My arms are getting tired."

Her arms were actually fine, her exhaustion gone and her energy replenished after four and a half hours of rest, but she knew if she didn't word her question as she did her husband would refuse for the fear of dropping him.

He gently took their son from her arms as he carefully rocked him back and forth. He looked down at his son who had those big dark eyes that he fell in love with. He glanced at his wife with tears in his eyes as the baby slowly fell asleep in his arms. She gave him a peck on his cheek and a loving smile before she herself went back to sleep.

Igneel and Grandeeney came a few hours later to visit the Dragneel family. Grandeeney cooed at baby Zeref while Igneel gave a hard pat on Nazar's back, congratulating him. He glanced at his child in the arms of Grandeeney as he laughed and giggled at the funny faces he made before looking at his wife who smiled and laughed along with her son. He had a perfect family and he wouldn't change it for the world.

Word Count: 521