Chapter 5

---------------------------

January 7th, X313

----------------------------

"Natsu, if you want to go outside then you have to wear your hat and your gloves!"

The five year old boy huffed as he looked at his mother with a pout. His elder brother laughed at his little brother's antics, his mother however was not amused.

"Now, now Natsu don't give me that face. It's for your own good, you don't want to catch a cold now do you?"

The little boy grinned at his mother showing his small white teeth. He pumped up his fist in the air as he looked hopefully at his mother.

"I'm a fire dragon like uncle Igneel mommy! And fire dragon's don't get cold!"

Claudia glared at Igneel across the room who put his hands up in surrender. He slowly backed away from her with a terrified smile on his face, before hiding behind his wife who looked bemusedly at Claudia. Claudia sighed before turning to Natsu with a firm look on her face only to be met with cold air from the open door. She turned to look at her eldest son who shrugged and ran after his brother without his hat before his mother could catch him. Claudia's eye twitched, as everyone in the room put their hands to their ears aware of the loud shout that is soon to follow.

"NATSU AND ZEREF DRAGNEEL!"

She sprinted outside, crushing the white snow with her slippers as she chased her sons in the cold snow. She was tackled by Natsu from behind and as she turned to catch him, he slipped away just in time as Zeref tackled his mother from the other side. Both chuckling, they ran away from their mother that lay furiously in the snow. She stood up, pushing away the snow from her hair and dusting snow off of her sweater and jeans. She pushed up the sleeves of her sweater before chasing them once again around the snow.

"GET BACK HERE NOW AND PUT YOUR HAT AND GLOVES ON BEFORE YOU CATCH A COLD!"

Needless to say, the three of them were stuck to their bed the next day with Nazar, Igneel and Grandeeney making a fuss over them. The two brother's grinned at each other, shivering in the blankets given by their father before bursting out laughing with their mother soon following. 

Word Count: 382