Chapter 6

-------------------------

March 23rd, X315

-------------------------

"Remember to stay safe Zeref. Do you have the pepper spray I gave you in your bag?"

Zeref rolled his eyes, earning him a slap to the head from his mother who looked at him with a firm expression on her face. Zeref sighed before nodding his head. For some reason his mother gave him a whole pack of pepper spray and demanded that he kept at least two in his bag. He doesn't understand why he had to carry it around in his bag when he is perfectly capable of defending himself. Nevertheless, he kept two cans of pepper spray just as his mother demanded for he does not want to face her wrath again.

His mother smiled and scooped him in her arms to give him a big bear hug. He spotted his little brother being tossed in the air by his father, which was rewarded by the sound of his little brother's rich laughter. His father laughed along with him, after throwing him in the air and catching him again a few times, he settled Natsu on his shoulders, who happily obliged. His father made his way to the door, all the while skipping, making Natsu bounce on his shoulder much to Natsu's pleasure. Natsu giggled and gripped his father's hair to keep himself stable. Nazar ruffled Zeref's hair much to Zeref's dissatisfaction and Natsu's amusement.

"Go and make us proud kid, we will be right here cheering you on. We will all be waiting for you once you come back home. We love you kid."

Zeref fixed his hair again and shot his father a broad smile. He gave his father a hug and tickled his little brother, who laughed with delight, before waving to his family and walking along the road to his destination, already missing his family. He shrugged it off, determined to make his parents proud. He'll come back home to his family soon anyway and they will all be happy and proud of him when he returns, showering him with compliments for achieving his dream. He walked with a skip in his step as he made his way closer to his destination. Little did he know that was the last day he would ever see his family alive again.

Word Count: 380