Chapter 1

Ollo. How are you? Umm reading the first book would make this make more sense. But you do you boo

The engine revved as it sped down the curved path. Heaps of crystal white snow built up on the side of the road with more of the flakes floating down to join. Bright lights stood out against the dark background of Ichabod. Once the driver saw the sign, the Batmobile increased its speed using the turbo so they would reach their destination faster. The partners were silent, one due to focus. The other, due to a bad attitude. Making a sharp left, the sleek and sharp car drifted and came to a stop.

A voice broke the silence over the radio. "I have half a mind to report you for grand theft auto," Batman lectured.

As the door opened, two children jumped out simultaneously. The boy wore the latest edition of the Robin costume. The dark pants and blackish green boots allowed one's eyes to be focused on his red body armor with classic "R" over his heart. A black cloak with yellow underneath covered his back up to his bottom. The outfit was completed with a green masked covering his eyes.

The girl's costume, however, was not something just anyone could put a name to. The newer sidekick had longer styled body armor. It was lengthened so it could be considered a short dress or a long shirt. The russet colored protection was paired with the same dark pants Robin wore with dark brown boots. Instead of a cloak reaching the waist, much like her companion, Sparrow's reached to the midsection of her back. Along the bottom edges were a whiter softer material that contrasted with the dark on the rest of the hood. From afar it could be mistaken for feathers. On her chilled face lay a brown mask, almost identical to the one he was wearing. On her back was a quiver filled with arrows. The specialized magnetic arrowheads were attracted to the specialized magnet in the bottom of the container, enabling them to not fall out. A retractable bow, now in its staff form lay horizontal to the back of her waist.

"I'd like to hear that call," Robin held his hand to the earpiece. "'Hello, police? My son stole the Batmobile.'" Sparrow rolled her eyes.

"You find this amusing?" their boss scoffed.

"A little," the boy smirked. "I called and told you to meet us up here, didn't I?" The two looked around, wary of their surroundings.

"But what does a town that was wiped out by floods three years ago have to do with the children that have gone missing in Gotham?" The Dark Knight questioned.

Robin and Sparrow peered out from behind a wooden fence. Their destination was there: Schott's Toys. "Maybe nothing," Sparrow answered. "But I found it a little odd that every one of them owned toys made here."

Robin butted in. "I managed to find out more about the whereabouts of the location."

"Oh wow, you know how to use a search engine," Sparrow muttered in annoyance. Robin glared at his partner.

"You could have shared the information a little sooner," Batman told them.

The two ran towards the building and pressed their back against the wall. "An alternate response might be, 'Good work, Robin.'" The raven-haired child growled. At this point, it was hard to tell who he was referring to. "But I guess I expect too much." Batman disregarded the last comment his son made and told them his location and not to do anything. The duo told the man what he wanted to hear and snuck inside through a broken window.

The abandoned factory was dark and damp and cold. Each of them pulled out a flashlight to help guide their way. As they looked around they spotted dolls with its face cut out leaving a gaping hole in its head. Sparrow shuddered as they pressed on. Rats chewed on anything and scattered once they had been spotted.