Chapter 9

Second to last chapter folks

At the Wayne estate, the four people on the property were in the secret part of the mansion. An extension of the Batcave. The walls were made of metal and had no other design. Function over fashion. A holographic screen beeped and showed there were intrusions coming from all around.

"Red security grid up and active?" Nightwing asked out loud.

Batman walked towards them, "Unless someone shut it down and didn't bother to tell us." He reminded the other of what Alfred had done. The older British man frowned and told his boss how unkind the remark was. "I don't know if it's Bruce Wayne or Batman the Court's come for," he put on his cowl. "But either way, they're about to get a welcome they'll never forget."

Batman, Nightwing, and Sparrow ran down the halls of Wayne Manor. Loud footsteps could be heard from above and the sound of glass shattering cut through the air. The three ran to the ballroom where the glass ceiling above came crashing down along with many of the soldiers from the Court.

"What are these things?" Nightwing asked.

"I'm not sure if they're actually alive but I've seen first hand they can be destroyed," Batman replied.

Sparrow readied an arrow and aimed, "Good enough for me." Her arrow sliced through the air and went right through one of the things' heads.

Soon the questionable men charged and attacked. Each hero taking on multiple at a time fought and dodged. Batman kicked and punched and occasionally throwing a batarang. Nightwing resorted to using his batons to beat them. He flipped to get out of the way of attacks and knock others down. Sparrow shot the ones she could aim at. She reused and gathered the fired arrows when needed and reverted back to martial arts when she could. For one soldier she used to arrows in each of her gloved hands and stabbed them through each of the person's temples.

Alfred must have activated the security protocol since the large windows began to be shielded. The three ran into the library right before the large security door blocked the entrance. The metal didn't stop the Talons as they ripped open the thick sheets and ran after their prey. Some on the upper deck of the library shot grapples at the heroes but they moved expertly out of the way unharmed. Batman grappled onto the top to take care of them and left Nightwing and Sparrow to take care of the many Talons on the ground.

The team of best friends had each other's back as they fought. Nightwing used his acrobatic skills as he flipped and twisted out of their grasps. Sparrow used her staff to hit and shatter any bones they had. As she finished some off Sparrow heard a pained shout. Nightwing had been shot multiple times with grapples and fell to the floor. The things began to pull him closer to them but Batman threw a batarang at the ropes and cut him free. Sparrow quickly turned her weapon back to a bow and fired multiple arrows straight through some of their hearts, Batman got the rest with batarangs.

The Dark Knight wrapped one of Nightwing's arms around his shoulder and Sparrow got the other. The two unharmed heroes helped get Nightwing to the elevator leading to the Batcave. Batman pushed Sparrow inside along with her wounded friend and closed the door.

"Mr. Wayne!" Sparrow called out.

"Bruce, no!"

The two were stuck until they reached the Cave. Nightwing hissed and groaned as he pulled out the sharp knives in him and Sparrow helped. The doors began to open and they entered the empty Batcave. Sparrow wrapped her friend's arm around her to help support him. She brought him to a nearby table and he began patching himself up. Sparrow rushed to the Batcomputer and began typing fast.