Chapter 7

Some minor swearing in this chapter but nothing crazy.

Robin held the blade against Mr. Draco’s neck. His order was in his head but the boy knew he shouldn’t go through with it. He looked up at the man in owl themed armor and held the blade from both ends. “We found enough evidence to put him away for the rest of his life.” He explained his actions.

Talon was not fond of Robin’s choice. “Finish him.”

Robin got off the drug lord after digging his knees into his chest one more time. “He’s already finished.” Talon did not speak and walked away. 

The man on the floor coughed, “Hey,” blood ran down from his mouth and nose, “Ain’t you the Batman’s brat?” Robin growled and stomped on his face lightly, not enough to cause any permanent damage, but enough to shut him up.

“Not anymore,” the boy answered. He began to walk away until he turned around to quickly throw the knife at the man hung from the ceiling. The knife cut the rope and the man fell hard onto the table and then the floor. 

From a distance Batman and Sparrow ran across buildings. Jumping when needed and occasionally using grappling hooks. Sparrow, having no idea where they were going ran a few feet behind the man so he could lead the way. They were on a taller structure, most likely a five story building, when Batman stopped. He looked at something from his utility belt and turned to the girl. 

“Don’t go after Talon and don’t engage Robin. If he fights, let me take care of it. You are backup, understood?”

Sparrow was slightly surprised at Batman’s sudden mood change but she understood his reasoning. On the next two buildings over was his son talking to a murderer. And he most likely promised Oliver and Felicity she would be turned over to their care in one piece. Sparrow nodded and leaped onto a different building not too far away from the one Batman jumped onto.

From a distance she saw Talon jump off the building and disappear. Batman began to run towards the criminal when Robin stood in front of him with his arms out. Batman must be explaining Talon’s true intentions with Robin and the boy did not seem pleased. When the man stepped away to continue Robin stuck a batarang to stop him.

Sparrow’s eyes widened.

Oh shit.

Batman attempted to swing away but Robin cut him down. The two began to fight and it was not pretty. To make up for his size, Robin was fast. He kicked and punched when given the option and flipped to avoid hits. Batman was also very skilled and was not hesitant in giving his son a beat down. Most of Batman’s attacks were throwing the sidekick a good distance. Sparrow cringed at the fight. It must have been awful for both of them. She was going to sit this one out until she noticed Batman was now losing. Karma struck instantly as he was thrown across the roof. Deciding now was a good time for backup, Sparrow grappled herself onto the building to confront Robin. Knowing trying to reason was not an option anymore, the teen decided her entrance should be a good one so as she swung closer to the building, she extended her legs and kicked Robin away from Batman’s fallen form. 

“Robin what the hell are you doing?” Robin growled in response and charged. 

Sparrow grabbed and extended her metal staff from its holder and use it to her advantage. Robin was without his sword which really helped her out. Swinging her weapon she struck Robin in his sides when he failed to move out of the way. Her staff was tossed aside so she grabbed an arrow from the quiver on her back and sliced Robin’s right shoulder. Robin mainly aimed for her torso but knocked her down onto her back. She groaned as she smacked onto the roof, her staff was too far away from her for her to get a hold of it. Robin stood above her and winded back his fist.