Let it heal. Let it go.

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ONCE UPON A TIME OR ANY OF ITS CHARACTERS BESIDES MIA! I ALSO DO REFERENCE TO DIFFERENT TV SHOWS, BOOKS, MOVIES ETC. I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THOSE EITHER! SO PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT SUE! I LIKE NOT BEING IN PRISON!

Hello everyone! Some of you may know me from my Twilight, Harry Potter, and Sons of Anarchy Fanfictions, well I got an idea for an Once Upon a Time Fanfiction so I decided to give this fandom a try! Hopefully you guys will enjoy it! :)

Look who's back! Sorry it has been so long, life as always is a hot mess! But luckily I got a burst of creative energy today at work and I have working on this chapter any chance I get so yay!

Well let's cut the crap because I know you guys have been waiting FOREVER for a new chapter! So here is Chapter 8 of The Charming Daughter of Mr. Gold!

The weeks that followed Mia's placement into the Nolan house went by in a blur, and to Mia's surprise she actually enjoyed the time that was spent with the young couple. Vise versa the couple also enjoyed having Mia at their house, according to Kathryn she brought life into the silent house.

On the weekdays Kathryn would wake Mia up and help the young girl get ready for school, which contributed to Mia's hair always being curled, braided, or styled in someway. Then after school Kathryn would have a snack ready for Mia when she got home, then would even help Mia with her homework if she was stuck on a problem. Mia loved it because she felt for the first time a motherly presence in her home life, it felt wonderful and it made her wish for a mom of her own.

Mia noticed that she didn't see that much of David around the house, at first it worried her that she had done something wrong and that he was mad at her. Kathryn assured her that it had nothing to do with her, that David was just having trouble adjusting to life at home, but Mia felt that there was something more to it. He would always sneak off at night, and leave extra early in the mornings, and though she didn't say anything Mia knew that Kathryn was concerned about him.

School life for Mia seemed to be getting back to normal, the only difference was that now Henry wasn't really himself. Ever since his castle got bulldozed and his book went missing he had become very mopey, Mia had been doing her best to cheer him up but nothing had really worked. He seemed to cheer up a little when she offered to share her tower with him until he gets a new castle, so that got him excited to hang out there after school. What really got him excited about it was since Regina had no idea where Mia's secret hideout was so it would be a perfect place to work on 'Operation Cobra', as Henry put it.

Mia had also begun to notice that Ms. Blanchard had been acting differently, of course she was still an amazing teacher but it was like while she was there physically, her mind just wasn't completely there. For example she was getting students mixed up, and sometimes during conversations the teacher would completely space out. Along with that she would always be on her phone, before Ms. Blanchard would only use her phone during her free time or if it was an emergency, but now it seemed like the young teacher always had her phone on her. What made it weirder was that sometimes she would look at the phone like it was the world to her. She asked Henry about it once, but he would just shrug and said it was probably an adult thing.

Mia hadn't seen her dad since her was arrested, she was told by Henry that Mr. Gold was ordered by the court to stay away from her until he could gain full custody again; Henry also mentioned that he was doing everything in his power to get her back, at least that's what it seemed like when he heard his mom and Mr. Gold arguing with each other one evening.

The young girl had mixed feelings about her adoptive father at the moment, on one hand she really did miss living with him and spending time with him, but on the other she just couldn't forget what happened with Mr. French or what he made her do to Henry. What made those feelings worse is that now she couldn't help but listen to the rumors and stories that other kids at school would tell her, and now it was like she was seeing him in a new light for the first time ever... It scared her.