Chapter Six: Uncomfortable

Thranduil had never realized his need for a personal assistant until Annawrete had made herself available. Willingly she did everything he asked her to and she had learned to do it all better than most others. The cook allowed her to taste the stew. "There is too much salt in this, Thranduil will not find it enjoyable", the young maiden critiqued. The slender elf looked offended at her remark, "I have been using the same amount of salt in this recipe for hundreds of years and there has never been a complaint!" She was eighteen now and it had only been recently Thranduil placed Annawrete in position to oversee his meals. He asked that she supervise the preparation and bring the dishes to him. "He's put up with it for that long, but tonight it will change", she said firmly, having learned his acquired taste from observing him. She knew what he liked and what he did not like---even without him saying anything. The cook was forced to add more tomato paste in order to lessen the concentration of the salt in the stew. When the right ratio was achieved, a bowl was poured and set on a silver platter in which Annawrete prepared additional substance for the Elvin King. The cook looked suspicious of her as she made herself at home in his kitchen. Once she had filled the tray and made it presentable, she thanked the cook for preparing the stew, "Thank you, I will return the dishes once he is done with them".

Thranduil laid comfortably on his bed. It was well into the afternoon, but he was still in his night wear and had not brushed his hair. He was not one for being seen like this by anyone, but an exception was made for his personal assistant Annawrete. When she entered his bedroom without knocking, she was carrying carefully his meal on the platter. He said nothing of her entry, he only sat up. The silver platter was to be laid across his lap and only then in the process did Annawrete flash her eyes up to look at him. His long blonde hair was astray and in tangles but he was still looking very handsome. Annawrete had not yet placed the platter on his lap when Thranduil's crystal blue pupils increased in size and grew darker. A quick gasp left his soft lips and broke her gaze that was upon him.

"I'm so sorry my king!" Annawrete screamed. She had spilled a portion of the hot stew into his lap in her distraction. Apologies repeatedly fell from her mouth as she put the tray aside and took a cloth to his lap. In a frenzy she began dabbing over his thighs, trying to clean him up. The thought of the stew setting into his clothes compelled her to take the glass that held his drinking water and pour the cold content over him.

The Elvin king shouted once again as freezing water seeped through his sleepwear, dampening his lap to the point that the color of his undergarment was evident. Annawrete released her own scream when she realized that she was only making things worse. Taking to the cloth again, she rushed to have him dry. "Stop! Stop!" Thranduil cried as she frantically dabbed over him. He tried to get up, but the young woman was still trying her best to help. "Stop! Allow me to get up!" there was a sense of urgency in his voice. "My king! My king! I will have you spotless and dry, I swear it!" Annawrete had been blameless since she began serving him, she was not wanting to accept this failure. As she continues to rub, dab, and pat, Thranduil sat in discomfort until he could no longer bare it. "Annawrete, you need to stop," he held her arm still as he sighed. The hold on her arm was firm, he would not permit her to move further. In confusion Annawrete looked up at the Elvin king and saw embarrassment spread across his face. When she looked down at where he held her arm still, right above where her hand laid in his lap a mound existed between his legs and it was growing.

"Forgive me for creating that", Annawrete said as she withdrew her hand, blushing uncontrollably. She took a step back as Thranduil pulled the pillow from under him and used it to cover his erection. "Carefully bring me my meal", the Elvin king made sure to stress the word 'carefully'. Annawrete picked up the tray and laid it on the pillow sitting across his thighs, "I think you will find the stew more delightful then it has ever been..." She tried to play it off as if nothing had happened. Thranduil understood it as that she was trying to do so, but was surprised when he tasted it. "This tastes amazing---" he was almost confused. Annawrete was right about the salt, and after what had happened, she believed herself also to be right about the assumptions she had of Thranduil.