Shinso- Distances

Ps. From author -
This is going to be a long one so buckle down and grab your popcorn. Also all paragraphs in italics are flash backs or past adventures.
_______________________________________

Hanging off the edge of my bed I flip through picture after picture of them. With a sigh I hold my phone close to my chest reminiscing on everything we've done together.

We first met at lunch.

 I decided that I would study for my upcoming Maths test in the library. No one goes there anymore so it would've  been quiet enough for me. Plus the librarian was really good at math. If I needed help then I could just ask her.

When I walked in I was thrown off by the gentle sounds of singing. The soft melody seemed to pull me in a trance. I looked up and down aisles apon aisles to find what angle was singing that melencoly song. I rounded one corner and was faced with a student roughly my age.

They had their back turned to me reaching up to place a book on the shelf.

I hate to admit but as a fifteen year old I did enjoy the view of them, but that wasn't the only thing I liked about this mystery person.

They began to turn around to where I stood. I quickly hid behind a random bookshelf and listened as they continued to sing on. After a moment I realized I would never get work done while around them so I left and focused on my studies elsewhere.

The next week, after getting my test back, I had free time during lunch.-

The story is that it was love at first sight, that  we met one day and everything just clicked together. That at least is what we tell people when they ask how we met. It's isn't the truth though. Here's how it actually went.

I told myself that day I just needed some practice in science. I knew though that was a lie. As I stepped into the room I was surrounded with a sad and melencolic song.

I looked around the library to find them sprawled across a bean bag in the corner of the room. Before she could notice me I hid behind the nearest book shelf and closed my eyes. I just listening to her voice as she continued to sing.

This same scene replayed everyday for two weeks straight. Up until Friday on the second week. When I first walk in I frowned not hearing their sweet voice.

I rushed to their usual bean bag and noticed their  figure curled up on the blue chair. Their eyes were closed and soft little snores echoed louder as I got closer. When I was finally next to them I noticed the silent tears that rolled down their cheeks.

Liquid flowed freely down their face as her lips contorted into a pained expression . I crouched down to them level and shook them awake. Not only were they getting hurt, but right now I was too hurt. My heart felt like it was just stabbed, but I couldn't focus on that all I could think about was helping them from their nightmare.

I placed my hands on her shoulders and gently shook them awake. When their eyes began to flutter open a let out a sigh and smiled. I jumped slightly when they tackled me and wrapped their arms around my waist holing me close.  Putting their face in the crook of my neck they hid from the world. Taking in a deep shuddering breath I caught the sent of roses and something I couldn't quite place. My heart was beating so loud I swore they could hear it.

Then I didn't realize, but now I see that was when I first fell in love with her.

By the time she had settled down I was going to introduce my self but the bell had inturpted me. They mumbled some curses under their breath before rushing out of the room. Leaving me by myself.