XII

*JIMIN'S POV*

With dragged steps and walking inside his house, Jimin feels Hoseok closing the front door behind him, both quiet, him not feeling in his best moment to talk, quietly hurrying himself over to the stairs, so that he can take a long-deserved break alone.

HOSEOK:

"I'm impressed." He breaks the silence, Jimin looking over his shoulder at his voice. "I honestly thought you were going to change her memory."

Jimin's first response is a shrug, needing some seconds to form a verbal answer.

JIMIN:

"Wasn't worth it." He lies in mumble, allowing his cold mask to grow back. "It's done. I also already took care of things in the agency, before calling you."

His cousin joins his eyebrows in confusion.

HOSEOK:

"You called the police?"

JIMIN:

"I had something different in mind for them so, no, I didn't. For all Namjoon know, nothing happened." He tells, his voice flat. "Now, if you excuse me, I still have a bullet lodged in my stomach that needs to be taken care of."

Hoseok simply nods, sympathetically smile, seeing how all of this; how his moment of weakness, is affecting him and, Jimin, knowing he is being read, adverts his gaze away, his hand tightly holding onto the stair's handrail.

However, instead of letting the conversation die, Hoseok calls his attention again, which makes a suffered grunt to escape Jimin's lips.

HOSEOK:

"Jimin?"

JIMIN:

"What?" He sighs.

HOSEOK:

"You did good... Telling her."

Did I?

Jimin bitterly chuckles to himself, shaking his head, and walks upstairs.

*Y/N'S POV*

******The Next Morning******

???:

"Y/N! What happened to you?"

You raise your head from your laptop, the sound of traffic muffled in the thick walls of your office, as you see Namjoon with his eyes locked on the big cut on your cheek as he makes his way inside, carefully shutting the door behind him.

He looks apprehensive, yet truthfully worried, entwining his fingers, a frown engraved in his forehead.

You blink a couple of times, startled, not expecting to have him in your office this soon in the morning.