XVII

After being alone by the sidewalk for long minutes, you rub your eyes, trying to focus your vision. Everything is so blurry, that you don't know if it's because of the alcohol or the fact that Mary hit with the glass.

Either way, you try to ignore it, forcing yourself back, losing your balance and stumbling to your side, using the wall as sustenance. Even now, you can still feel your warm blood on your skin.

You take a step forward, ignoring the thudding in your head each step you take. You just need to get out of there.

You need to go home.

???: "Y/N."

You spin around, feeling your stomach flip at the sudden movement, the floor becoming, only to you, extremely irregular, slippery. So, you hold your breath, hoping it helps you regain control of your surroundings, the neon flashlights of the signs filling the exterior of the buildings around you making you extremely nauseous.

Jimin stops in front of you, deep lines on his forehead revealing his tension.

JIMIN: "What happened to you?" He asks, taking a step back, distancing himself from you.

Understanding the reason, you cover your cut with your hand, squinting your eyes, trying to see him a bit more clearer.

You see him glancing around himself, looking for something. People are passing by, and he intercepts a couple, exchanging some words with them. When he finally walks back at you, he's holding a pack of tissues.

JIMIN: "We need to clean your face..." He says, his voice showing tightness by the end. "Please." You shake your head. The less of your worries, right now, is your appearance. Tense, he grabs your arm, forcing you to focus on him. "Y/N, I need you to wash your face and clean that blood off of you. Now!"

Y/N: "No." You protest. "If it's bothering you so much, leave."

You know that you shouldn't be like this towards him, but Mary's words keep replaying in your mind, making you mad.

You feel, ultimately, jealous and it's his fault.

His hand tightens around your arm.

JIMIN: "I'm not kidding." He whispers, twitching his mouth slightly, his eyes drifting back to your trail of blood.

You snap your arm away from him. He gives you a surprised and, tired, you give up on covering your cut, letting your arm fall to the side of your body.

Y/N: "Why are you here, anyway? I thought I was supposed to call you?"

You can see him struggling to keep himself under control, constantly biting his lips and taking long intakes of air.

JIMIN: "You were." He agrees, suspiciously looking at you. "But, I wasn't going to just go home and wait for your call, like a dog, Y/N. I, too, have a life." He crosses his arms. "I was in a bar, nearby, when I got a notification telling me I had a friend close by. It turned out to be you." His eyes go dark. "Now—" He takes a step closer to you. "Since you won't clean yourself up, can you, at least, tell me who did this to you?"