Chapter 83

Elzina

I

Comfort zone.

I always follow the rules of it, never went out of my way to be lauded by someone. But it all changed.

Not for someone. But the one.

And to be honest I had no choice as I had the gun swaddled under my clutch, glasses perched upon the bridge of my nose stoically and sole of the feet married to the ground in stance.

I squint, feeling the alienated weight of sight aid I keep my gaze transfixed on the red target mark encircled by black rings.

"You look so cute" my lips fidgets, as I will it to stay put. Not to get distracted by the comment "In that hot nerdy kind of way"

Don't look away.

"And the tight jeans on you" a soft sexy hiss of praise, even the ear piece that vacummed the sounds did nothing to wash it off. That brings me to a conclusion that Alex was screaming it aloud. That was the only possibility as I was able to hear it.

I pretend I do not.

"But I prefer you without them on-"

I pull the trigger. Loud bang echoes and I basically yelp in surprise as I did it without a heed. Unprepared and distracted by what he was going on about.

"Alex" I whine, but the one glimpse at the off target hole punched by my delivery, I growl out "You'll regret this so much"

Shifting to the attentive boy I glare, he stood few feets away from me with the star bucks drink in hand , he smirks and brings the straw to his pink lips and sucks in. I melt.

"What if I want to regret"

I blush even though I don't ponder much of what he wants to imply.

"You are never going to let me be good at this" I sigh adjusting the glasses sniffing. It was a week ago when Ian gave me a run through of what my shares holds and what my role play was. And it turns out, it's a lot. And completely diverse of everything I had learnt and understood till the date.

I was clueless.

I felt like a rabbit condensed by a lions den. And was being appointed to go hunting with them with me as the leader.

They told me, it's my future. They advised me to start working on it. I had no mentor. But it turns out Alex had one during his time, it was his father. Leonard White apparently had trained Alex, making him now a valid candidate to teach me.

"Thomas, a brief to represent corporation?" Mr. White said in not so much of a request manner.

And when he blankly began to blurt out the various list of how the empire runs, that includes the collateral, debt consolidation, gross profit and even the balance sheets numbers that he remembered for some odd reason. The room went quite for a minute.

And then Ian cleared his throat radically giving Leonard white a sharp look.

"Are you sure you raised him as human. He sounds like a retired finance assistant with no enthusiasm for life" I hear him mutter.

But I was too wrapped up by the cute wink Alex passed me from the other side of conference room accompanied by a gentle wicked smile.

Retired finance assistant huh.

It was evident that we have much more ways to be with each other than to just get married.

As elated I was to learn learn something new, no one had the fact slipped in course of our previous meet. The fact that I had to train my mind to asses the reliability of weapons. To learn its usage and mechanics in generals.