Chapter 2 : Slight Signs

Chapter 2 is here! I don't own Junjou Romantica at all~ I only own my fanfics~ anyway let the chapter unfold~

Misaki POV

I didn't hear Usagi respond, I figured he was too engrossed into his writing to notice a thing.

Good! Now I can slip Usagi's gift under my bed and use it tomorrow

I hope tomorrow is a wonderful birthday for him

I quickly sneaked up the stairs holding Usagi's present in the bag against my chest and into my old room, I slipped the bag under the bed and sighed with relief. Thankful that Usagi didn't come out and check on me, it would have been terrible if he discovered his gift.

I got up from crouching under the bed, I ignored my pain and went to go check on Usagi, I peeked through the doorway of his study. My guess was right, Usagi was busily typing on the computer, his lavender gaze steadily focused on the glowing screen in front of him.

Usagi's amazing..

Even though he misses his deadlines routinely

Whenever he gets into his work, he's always so focused.

I creeped into the room silently, I sat down out of his line of sight and watched him work. I always admired the way Usagi worked. I sat there watching Usagi for around an hour, Usagi suddenly got up from his computer and turned around, when his eyes met me he jumped slightly.

Hehe I startled him

"Misaki, when did you get here? I didn't notice you enter?"

Usagi sounded happy, I smiled and got up from my sitting position.

"Ah a while ago, you hungry yet? I got the leeks"

"Yeah I am, but not for leak soup"

Usagi said seductively and he leaned towards me.

...Usagi..

"What are you hungry for?..."

I already knew Usagi's answer, he was so predictable in situations like these

"You"

Usagi went to grab me but I stuffed Suzuki the huge teddy bear into his face.

"Leek soup it is"

I ran down the stairs to escape Usagi then started to prepare the leek soup, I cut up the leeks into fine pieces on the cutting board then slid them into the pot of other boiling ingredients. The pain in my chest wasn't going away, in face it felt like it was getting worse, I occasionally winced as I cooked.

I can't allow Usagi to find out..

I'm just a little sore there's no need to worry Usagi..

When the soup was done I scooped out me and Usagi's share into separate bowls, and I sat down at the dining table with Usagi. When I sat I felt the pain in my chest pulse for a second, I suppressed a yelp of pain.

"Misaki?.. Are you okay?"

Usagi's question caught me off guard, I looked at him, his lavender eyes were filled worry, I put my spoon that I had picked up into the leek soup and smiled at Usagi.

"I'm fine Usagi, I'm still a little sore, you don't have to worry"

The look on Usagi's face told me that he wasn't satisfied with my answer, I shrugged it off and continued to eat my soup. The atmosphere seemed quite awkward so I picked up my bowl and drank the soup quickly, Usagi raised a brow at my action and laughed.