Chapter XVI: Lawyers

Tony sat in his lab with his hands buried in his hair. Nothing but the whirring of a few machines and his breathing could be heard around him. He came down to finish up his new suit, another way he clears his head but no focus has come onto him as he was frozen still. Only his mind was running.

"Tony?"

He didn't need to look up to know that Pepper had came downstairs. She walked over and draped a blanket over his shoulders before wrapping her arms around his neck causing him to take a deep breath and grab her arms, planting a kiss on her cheek with a sigh.

"How long did you sleep?" She asked,

"What time is it?" His voice was a little hoarse as she pulled out her phone and showed him.

"Six fifteen am"

"Then I got a solid eight minutes I mean..." He looks up at her as she pulls back and folds her arms, "You're like not even that blurry, I think I'm okay" Pepper shakes her head while pulling the man up from his seat, there was only one reason why he wouldn't sleep for at least five hours.

"What's on your mind, Tones?" She took him the stairs and allowed him to leave the basement of their cozy little house, not too big to tell everyone that they're rich but bug enough to have room to run around and have a party in.

"I was told something yesterday"

"Is it about (Y,n)? I know she's innocent and Peter just started talking to her--"

"No. No-- Wait" He turns to look at his wife while holding up a finger as they stayed standing in the middle of the living room, "They're talking now? Since when? She hasn't even answered my calls" Their son ran down the stairs as passed between causing Tony to turn around and point his finger to him,

"Freeze!"

He stopped in his tracks as his hands were left in the air with his black shirt just above his head. "You don't actually have to freeze, dear" Pepper chuckled at her son as he finished putting on his shirt which revealed the big white letters on the front saying, 'Let's have a moment of Science' that only him look more adorable.

"When did you start talking to your Godmother?" Tony asked as Peter looked over his mom and gave her a 'are you serious?' look.

"Uh, just two days ago, She's alright I guess"

"Alright? She's been avoiding my calls, do you know why?" His son stayed quiet as Pepper nodded and walked away from them towards the kitchen to finish up making breakfast for the three of them.

Tony walks closer to his son and crosses his arms, it was rare for him to be serious but once family was involved there was nothing holding him back from getting the information he needed. "Okay, dad, before you get upset just know that she wanted this to happen"

"Wanted what to happen?"

Peter swallowed the frog in his throat before taking a deep breath. "She wanted to jail. I don't know why but whatever you do... Don't do anything until you've put together some hard ass evidence that she's free. I'm sorry for cursing".

(Y,n)

Somehow, she made the orange jumpsuit look like it was made for a fashion designer. Her white sleeves were rolled up as handcuffs stayed on her wrist and chains were around her ankles while a guard walked her down the fairly clean hall with only two doors.

The gated door she walked through and a metal door that led to a small room with a table and three chairs.

"Sit" The guard pushed her towards the chair causing her to snap her head back and mean mug him, "P-Please" Rolling her eyes she sat in the chair as he chained her cuffs onto the table and left the room without another word.