Chapter XXV: The truth

It took the full night to get the bathroom cleaned from all the chunks of body pieces but the tile floor didn't fully recover from the blood stains as they were slightly red. Olivier took a show at their neighbors, the nice old man a few doors down was partially blind and has a seeing a dog so Mr. Johnson didn't completely understand why the kid was red.

But something was wrong.

Usually, a lot of blood spillage like the one she came back to wouldn't shock her as much but (Y,n) couldn't shake the image out of her head, even when she turned the water in the shower to cold.

(Y,n) kept seeing herself back in Cletus's grasp, hanging over the side of the building as he taunted her. Her heart racing just as much as it did when her body was longer touching the roof top while her hand gripped the water nozzle tightly freezing under the cold water she couldn't move.

"(Y,n) are you, okay?" There was knock that the door causing her to let out a breathe she didn't know she was holding and slammed the water nozzle down, almost breaking it.

"Stay out of my head, kid!" She shouted so he could hear her from the tub. After the incident she sat him and had him explain to her what happened when she left.

Yesterday

(Y,n) finally got Olivier to let go of her and slowly walked him out of the bathroom and towards her bedroom where he sat on the bed with his head down.

Olivier was shaking and sniffing as the only part of him that was clean happened to be the tear tracks on his face and a few spots on his cheeks from when he hugged her.

"Olivier..." She stood in front of him, speaking in a low voice. "What did you do?" When he didn't answer she got down on both knees and kneeled in front of him, taking his face into her warn hands which he surprisingly excepted,

"I need you to tell me what went on, man. You can not do this to me, do not shut down right now" Olivier stared into her serious yet soft eyes and cried a but more.

"I-I didn't mean to..." He whimpered,

"Oh... I know you didn't. You told me you didn't like killing so I know you wouldn't have done this without reason, right?" She asked him and Olivier nodded in agreement, he wasn't expecting her to remember something about him.

"So then I need you tell me what the hell happened back there. How did that happen?" (Y,n) asked him once again, removing her hands from his face rubbing the blood off on her pants as she waited for him to gain the courage.

"I... I'm a mutant" He started, "my parents are mutants. Those men are after me because  Mother Superior wants my powers. I have the same ones she used to have so the moment I got out of that collar I ran"

"Wait, what collar?" (Y,n) interrupted, not understanding what he means.

"You don't know? The government, they have these collar's that stop us from using our abilities. It's what they use on the mutants in The Raft" Olivier explained watching as she took a moment to think this over,

She always wondered how they were able to get the most dangerous mutants in a jail cell without them breaking out. Maybe it was time get on the whole mutant rights vs the government. What was it about people being scared of those with abilities who don't mean any harm?

"So... What are your abilities?" (Y,n) asked him as he held his hands together in a nervous manner.

"I can uh, absorb the powers, energies, memories, talents, and physical abilities of another human being through physical contact. For some reason i permanently arbsorbed Telepathy. I also know hypnosis..." Olivier mumbled causing (Y,n) to lean her head back in surprise.