Chapter XXI: Trap

(Edited)

Peter

The young boy sat on top of a building with his mask halfway pulled up as he enjoyed a delicious, well-earned burrito from his favorite Mexican restaurant just down the street from his apartment building.

An incoming phone call caused him to pull down his mask and see the picture of his best Ned Leeds.

"Hey, what's going on?" He asked, folding the foil sheet back over what was left of his burrito.

"Dude! You never told me that your godmother was DedSpace!" He yelled through his phone causing Peter to squint a little from how loud his friend was being, but it wasn't usual when he's a nerd for things like that.

"I didn't? I thought that i-- Did you hack into her things!?" He yelled at his friend while standing up and throwing his free hand in the air,

"Peter, I am shocked that you think I would ever do such a felony like hacking into someone's personal accounts, phone, and so much more because she's like my hero for stuff like this".

It was all silent for a second except for the sound of Ned typing furiously away on his laptop like some kind of mad man,

"Ned, you do realize (Y,n) can track you because of what you're doing right? I mean, you just decided to hack into the best hackers accounts know that she could hack into your accounts and basically ruin your life and disown you as a hacker"

They both knew he was saying the word 'hacker' way too much but it wasn't like he was trying to do it on purpose. Peter lifted his mask halfway again and reopened his steak burrito and happily took a huge bite of it.

"You know the only reason I understood that is because I'm your best friend?"

"I know that Ned," He told him, speaking with his half-chewed food in his mouth.

"Anyways, I just called to yell at you but now I have to go clean up the kitchen before my mom kills me"

Peter chuckled and sat down on the edge once more, "Alright, Ned. See you".

Lily

It was harder than expected for a child, like Jack, from screaming 'stranger danger' everytime she opened the door to get out of the van. Of course, she knew her own child wasn't going to be like Jack but she was still worried about what their life would look like once that child was born.

Would Cletus be around to take care of them as he said? Would the baby be like him? Would it be like her? Would it grow up to be in a functional, healthy, family that doesn't kidnap children and hold them hostage so they can kill their father's sister?

She wasn't sure about all of that but she was glad that Cletus had taken Jack out of her hands. One more day with that kid she would probably lose what was left of her chaotic mind.

Reading the text message Alex had sent to her, Lily hopped back into the van and drove to the meetup location. She, for one, was glad that Alex was back in with Cletus. He was not only strong but had connections with (Y,n) meaning he could lure her to Cletus's location.

Parking in front of the apartment building she pulled out her phone once more and called Alex, "I'm here. Where are you?" She looked around, trying to make sure she wasn't being set up.

But we all know it wouldn't matter.

"At the front door, get the van and let's go" She spotted Alex standing by the door to the apartment building. Hanging up the phone she got out of the van and made her way to him, blindly following him upstairs.

Alex walked into the apartment first, allowing her to close the door. "You understand what is at risk here right? You're going to betray your friend" Lily told him with a smile playing on her lips.

"Actually, he's not betraying anyone" Lily immediately pulled her gun from the waistband of her pants and shot at the voice in the hallway.

Eddie groaned in pain and hunched over as Venom knocked the gun from her hand and grabbed her by the throat.

"V, don't fucking kill her!" (Y,n) yelled out as she walked from the bedroom and stood by Eddie as the bullet fell from his body and the hole started to close up.

"You okay?" She asked and Eddie gave her a little nod.

Lily gripped at the giant hand that held her by the throat and lifted her up off the ground a few inches. It only let once the three adults crowded around her as she held her bruised throat and looked up at them.

"Where the hell is Jack?" (Y,n) didn't want to waste anytime. Lily glared at her and chuckled but didn't answer her question.

"Alright" (Y,n) smirked and nodded her head while tilting it for a second. "We have ways to make you talk".

"You're not gonna torture a pregnant woman, (Y,n). I know you" Lily smiled while leaning back on both of her hands.

"You're right. I'm not... But Scream will gladly do it herself".

(Y,n)

Scream held her body down the bathtub but made sure that her head wasn't under the freezing cold water as Eddie continued to pour ice in the tub.

"You know, this would go quicker if you would tell us where Cletus and Jack is," She told her while sitting on the sink counter and biting her nails. Being her, (y,n) knew just how much Lily could take to the point where the fetus could still survive. They only had five minutes left until they had to pull her out and try a different tactic, one that might be a bit bloody.

"G-god! P-p-please..."

"Just fucking answer, Lily. I don't like this as much as you do"
Eddie told her as he set the bucket down and Alex was waiting by the door with a towel in hand. He was used to stuff like this considering that he's seen (y,n) do worse to people for way less.

"F-fine. M-m-my phone. The l-location where h-he is in t-the G-GPS". (Y,n) got up off the counter and grabbed Lily's phone, it was a little weird that a criminal didn't have a lock on her phone but sure enough she found the address on the GPS.

"Take her, place her by the heater" (Y,n) ordered Alex and he did exactly that. The plan was coming together and it wouldn't be long before the battle and Jack would be back home and safe and if she had to kill her brother she'd do it in a heartbeat. He's hurt too many people and killed way more than her, she couldn't let him continue to that.

"What are thinking?" Eddie asked her, as she sent Cletus's location to her own phone before sighing and looking up at Eddie.

"I've got an idea... But it's gonna put someone in danger" He placed a hand on her shoulder and walked her out of the bathroom, "If you think it's right. Then do it".