Chapter XVII: Courthouse

It hurts sometimes.

But that's what life is about.

Hurting. Learning why that hurt and to move on from it, to become a better person. But not everyone sees it that way.

Cletus stared his sister down as he was being walked by two guards into the courtroom. (Y,n) was just released a week ago and here she was having to testify against her brother.

Not wanting to look him in the eyes, she turned to around to look at Tony and Pepper along with Peter who sat in between in giving her a reassuring nod. It felt to dress up formal. Wearing a black pencil skirt with a black blazer covering a silk gold blouse.

She's only dressed up once and that was to con Eddie.

"All rise," The judge said, everyone stood then sat back down on their lawyers began speaking.

"Your honor, as you must know my client-- (Y,n) Kasady-- was recently released from prison due to many testimonies saying she did not kill those men for pleasure but for defense while Cletus Kasady was simpling killing for the... 'Fun of it' as some might put it".

Her lawyer, Matthew Murdock had 'looked' down at her before sitting down next to Foggy and herself. Everything was going as planned but the look he was giving her... It was shaking her to the core.

"You good?" Eddie whispered to her, leaning in slightly while putting a hand on her knee.

"Always" She whispered back, not sure if he even heard her from how quiet she was.

The first person to go up was a man she barely recognized but she knew his voice. She knew his motives and his wants and needs. He was one of the men she had interrogated before Cletus decided to have him work with them.

"Mr. Watts, since you have taken the oath to not lie and only tell the truth... Which one of the siblings killed Carol Vikkins in their office?"

"Objection your honor, this trail is about Mr. Kasady" Matt stood up with one hand in his pocket and one in the air.

"Overruled! You may proceed" He looked from Matt and to the other lawyer.

"As I was saying..." He started off, fixing his suit with a smug look on his face. "Which one the Kasady siblings did you witness kill Carol Vikkins?" Mr. Watts looks at the lawyer and takes a deep breath before leaning into the microphone and saying,

"I-I saw him do it"

"So you say Mr. Kasady did it. Ms. Kasady wouldn't have anything to do with you saying this would she? We all know their family business can do many things" He looked to the jury causing (Y,n) to shake her leg as anxiety filled her body.

She didn't know how long she's been starting at the same spot, watching as multiple people went up and answered questions until the judge hit his hammer twice and cleared his throat. "We will take a... Ten minute recess, I know they aren't that long but this one of the most shockingly evil trails and I think we all need some time to think this all through,

Once we come back-- Ms. Kasady, you're testifying next. Dismissed".

(Y,n) let out a breath she didn't know she was holding and stood up while holding Eddie's hand.

"Where you are going?" Pepper asked standing up with the rest of her family.

"We'll be back, I promise" Ignoring Eddies questions as to why they were weaving and dodging past people he was silenced once she kissed him and shut the door to the handicap bathroom and pushed him against the wall.

"What are doing?" He chuckled as she removed his jacket and started to undo his buttons but when she didn't answer he grabbed her wrist and pushed her back to look into her eyes. "Are you okay? I'm not against this rough sex in a bathroom but I need to make sure you're alright".