Sixteen. The Green-eyed Monster Feeds

"What about this one?" Olivia asked, holding up a video game for Emily to inspect. 

Emily gave Olivia a long stare. "Do you really think Matty is going to want to play the latest Princess game?"

Olivia avoided eye contact with Emily, hiding behind the overly pink and purple game that had one too many sparkles for Emily's taste. "Yes," Olivia mumbled innocently, staring up at Emily with big eyes.  

Emily gently took the game and placed it back on the shelve. "We're here to buy Matty's birthday present. You have to wait till next year for yours," Emily reminded and the two sisters continued to scavenge the EB store for the perfect gift for their brother. 

"Can we get this one?" Olivia begged. 

"Matty is not a dancer," Emily simply said, hiding the fact that she wanted to get the newest Just Dance that Olivia was showcasing. 

It took the two Seto girls longer than necessary to find the right video game for their brother. When they did, Emily and Olivia walked out of EB Games victoriously. Olivia was in charge of carrying the shopping bag and she did so proudly. 

"So you'll make the card?" Emily asked. 

Olivia nodded her head. "But you have to do the inside."

"Deal." 

"Are you girls done?" Miranda Seto asked who was already waiting for them on a bench outside EB Games.  

Olivia nodded her head eagerly. "We found Matty's birthday gift," she declared happily. 

"I did too," Miranda said, mirroring her youngest child's excitement. 

"So, we're done for the day?" Emily questioned, eyeing the four shopping bags at her mother's feet; all from various clothing stores that Matthew never stepped foot in. Emily raised an eyebrow at her mother's attempt to change her brother's fashion taste. 

"Not quite," Emily's Mom answered. "I have one more place to check out." 

Emily didn't mind. "Lead the way," she said and followed after her mom and Oliva through the mall. 

Metropolis Mall was busy with consumers which were to be expected for a Sunday afternoon. It was hard to navigate through the shopping centre and even harder for Emily to keep up with her mom and Olivia because they loved to speed walk. The two would maneuver around crowds, swerving left and right then left again. Their movements were unpredictable and Emily was always trailing at least three steps behind them. 

"How is everything going with Dylan?" Miranda asked just as they were entering the main atrium of the mall, showcasing its grand three-story height. 

"Good," Emily answered curtly.

"Just good?" Miranda pressed. 

"Are we talking about Em's boyfriend?" Olivia asked a little too loudly for Emily's taste. 

"He's not my boyfriend," Emily corrected quietly, glancing around nervously to see if any passerby was listening in on their conversation.  

"Not yet," Olivia sang confidently. 

Emily kept quiet, but on the inside, she warmed at the prospect of her sister's statement coming true. 

"How far have the two of you gone?" Miranda randomly asked. 

"Oh my Gosh, Mom!" Emily shrieked. "We're not going there." Especially not in a shopping mall. 

Miranda pouted. "Why not?"