Faction History

Decades ago, our ancestors realized that it is not political ideology, religious belief, race, or nationalism that is to blame for a warring world. Rather, they determined that it was the fault of human personality--of humankind's inclination toward evil, in its many forms. They divided into five factions that sought to eradicate those qualities they believed responsible for the world's disarray. Working together, these five factions have lived in peace for many years, each contributing to a different sector of society. In our factions, we find meaning, we find purpose, we find life. 

Our Motto

The phrase "faction before blood" was coined several years after the factions were formed, but gained popularity quickly thereafter. Its origin is unknown, but it expresses one of our core beliefs: the faction is the most important social unit, more important even than family. Some factions choose to cultivate this belief in their social structure; others merely teach it. But every faction holds this phrase true.

Some theorized that the phrase from the Choosing Ceremony, in which a young person literally gives some of their blood to the faction, thus forsaking their blood relationship. Others postulate that the Choosing Ceremony was instituted after the phrase became popular. Either way, "faction before blood" is one of the most important sentences ever spoken.