My first Weekend

I toss and turn. Unable to sleep, I get up and stretch.

The house is silent as I make my way too the kitchen. I flip on the light above the sink so that I have just enough to see and no more.

I look around the kitchen and grimace. A week of school and the dishes have been getting done, but not at the rate I used too. I had the sink spotless after each meal and it has been a adventure, it was thrilling but it is starting to grate on me.

Rolling up my sleeves I start to clean and put them away. Once that's done I start to notice the other things wrong with the room and soon it's morning and there is not a crumb outta place.

Since it's not likely that anyone will be up soon I curl up on my bed and stare out the window. I am surprised that I didn't wake anyone.

Everything was so much easier at camp. I mean, it was harder but you were basically so caught up that you didn't have much time to worry about feelings or life. But now that I am where God's don't exist and mortals are the only things existing. It's a lot harder to ignore myself.

"Celeste?" Eliana pokes her head in, "Can I come in?"

"Of course, I'm not going to stop you."

I make room for Eli on my bed. "What's up?"

"You. You are up." She sighs, "You didn't sleep."

I sigh, "Did I wake you up? I'm sorry. I'll be quiet next time."

"No you didn't wake me up, I have a hard time sleeping."

I put my arm around her, "Do you want to talk about it?"

"Dreams. I just can't escape Hades."

My heart breaks a little more. Hazel had spoken to Eliana a bit before we had left, imparting death dealing wisdom to her.

"You can always come hang out in here when you need. My door is always open."

"And the lights on in the hall!" She giggles, "And you know that I'll be waiting,"

I roll my eyes, that songs going to be in my head the rest of today. "So, what do you think we should do this Saturday?"

"Um, I have no clue? I want to get ice cream. What do you do in big cities?"

"We could ask Percy if we see him." I glance at the calendar before gasping, "Your Birthday is Thursday!"

Eliana's face lights up, "It is? I am going to be eleven!" She twists the cover, "Do you think that we can have a party?"

I boop her noise, "Aunt Elenore couldn't stop me, not that she would want to."

Eliana yawns with a smile on her face, "I would like a party with friends and cake."

I watch as her eyes droop just thinking about it. As her eyes start to close I tuck the blankets around her.

As she sleeps I slip out of the room and softly close the door behind me. I see that Aunt Elenore is still sleeping so I tiptoe to the kitchen.

After a hour of waiting I realize that there is, quite frankly, nothing to do in this appartment.

I write a short note and head outside, locking the door behind me. I had not wondered around Manhattan yet and I had never seen the beach.

Normally I would have taken Eli with me, but for once I wanted to do something without making sure that she was having the most out of the situation. I have to start to let go and realize that I don't have to make her happy. We have a good thing going and she will be able to make her own memories.

I walk around navigating the subway, witch is pretty hard for a outsider. I doge through the crowds and avoid the shady people finally coming to the beach.

I take a deep breath and decide it smells wonderful. It's so calm and peaceful here with the waves lapping, I can see why everyone likes it here.

I walk. I don't know how long or how far, I am at peace for a moment. I watch some kids skipping rocks nearby and surprisingly they add to the calm. That is untill one of the kids throws a rock wrong and I find it sailing at me.

The kids cry out and all I have time to do it raise my hand in defense. I close my eyes and wait for the impact but it never comes. I peak through my eyelids and my blood runs cold.

A foot away from my outstretched hand the rock hovers in mid air, leaving a tingling feeling in my palm.

I back up and cover my mouth with my hands, watching as the rock falls to the ground. In a panic I run back home.

I just developed another power, does that mean Gaea is still in me?

HELLO readers!! I am so sorry that I didn't get an update out last Friday I hit a bit of a road block but it has mostly resolved itself. I really wanted you all to know that I decided on a update schedule:

  !!!!Every Tuesday and Friday!!!!

If I miss one don't fret, because I will post the next date. I realized that I am a little floppy with my updating and need to have a schedule. After all, you guys are taking time out of your day to read my story(THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH) so I shouldn't keep you all waiting! I'll see you guys Friday!