Reeling

Together, Percy and I heave Pollux onto my bed. I tell Percy to sit in a chair as I stumbled to the closet to get some supplies.

We decided not to go to his appartment since we didn't want to give his mom a heart attack. That would be the greatest first impression. So on legs of jelly I wobble around gathering medical supplies.

When I make it back to the room, Percy has a look if concentration on his face as his hands rest over the bite on Pollux's shoulder. I watch in amazement as a dark substance oozes out and gathers in a small ball between Pollux's shoulder and Percy's hand. Percy reaches to the nightstand and dumps out my water bottle before directing the poison into it.

I hand him a cup of nectar, "You can control poison?"

"Yeah, but I don't like to do it."

We sit in silence as I poor nectar onto Pollux's wounds and wrap them. I turn to the next boy and wince at the disappointed look he's giving me.

"I'm sorry Percy, you just lost allot of blood. You would've passed out." I don't meet his eyes as I clean the cut on his side. It's mostly healed but still could get infected.

"I don't like that voice thing you do. It's like being possessed and aware of everything your body does but being unable to stop it. It's like some sorta dark charm speak."

I blink, "I didn't know. I won't use it on you again. I'm so sorry."

Percy gives me a lopsided grin, "Buy me some ice cream and we'll call it even."

I roll my eyes and start packing all of the medical supplies away.

My gut tugs and my legs give out. I fall to the floor and panic, I can't make another earthquake. Not here, not infront of them.

"Celeste are you okay?"

"Yeah, the ground just looks very nice. I want to admire it." I pant as the world spins around me.

Percy puts a hand in my shoulder and his mouth moves but I am already out.

...... PERCY'S POV......
"Schist!" I catch Celeste's head before it hits the ground. I pick her up and place her on the ottoman in the corner of her room.

I check her for any wounds. My brows furrows as I find none. I give her some nectar just in case and leave the room.

I send Mrs. Elenore a text before helping myself to some sweet tea.

To be honest, I have never heard of it before Celeste made me try some. But never order it from New York, they don't have a clue what you are talking about. Evidently, sweet sea is a southerner thing.

The door clicks open and Eliana and Kayden come running in followed by Mrs. Elenore.

"Percy are you okay?" Eliana asks.

"Of course I am. I'm mighty!"

Kayden laughs, "False."

I gasp and pretend to wipe tears from my face. "That hurts." I stand up, "Well anyways, how was your morning?"

"It was great. I still can't believe Kayden is here." Eliana ruffles his hair, "I missed my little friend."

"I'm nine, I'm not little." Kayden pouts before his eyes land on the Wii. "Do you have Mario Cart?"

Eliana nods, "Yeah, just ask Auntie." She watches as Kayden runs off. "Where are Celeste and Pollux?"

"In Celeste's room. Pollux got bit by the Chimera and I have no clue what happened to Celeste."

"She must've just bumped her head." She smiles, "I bet you stink at Mario Cart!

"Like I would loose to you fools."

After a few hours, my statement was false and I was bound determined to win a round. I just had to win two more races and I would. I almost drop the remote when Pollux runs out of the room. 

"Did you not hear that?"

I answer without looking away from the TV, "Hear what?"

"Celeste scream. Her eyes are golden and she keeps muttering."

"Eliana, pause." I wait for her before looking at Pollux, "Are you sure she screamed. Cause I am pretty sure we would've heard it. That room has been silent."

Pollux's eyes widen, "Hold on." He runs into Celeste's room and closes the door. I count to ten before he comes back out. "Did you hear me scream?"

"No I didn't." I stand up and follow Pollux into the bedroom where Celeste is. When we enter she jerks up and flails, almost falling to the ground again. "So what was your dream about?"

Celeste looks afraid. She closes her eyes and then wipes the fear away and replaces it with humor. "Who knows? It was very hectic that's for sure."

Pollux narrows his eyes. "So why did you jump when we came in?"

She shrugs and gives us a smile, "I guess I'm still a little jumpy." Though she smiles, I can tell whatever was in her dream she doesn't want to recollect. I know how that feels, after all Tarturus is a dark place.

Pollux goes to say something when I cut him off, "So, you feeling okay Pollux? I believe we got all the poison out."

Pollux shoots me a look and I shake my head, "Yeah I'm fine. I wouldn't have been here if any of that poison was still in me."

Celeste grabs the water bottle filled with the poison. "Well here it is! All nicely wrapped up. Just don't accidentally drink it."

Pollux rolls his eyes, "Sure cause this looks just like it could be fanta."

Celeste punches his arm. "Okay, no need to be sarcastic."

I follow the pair back to the living room. I watch Celeste and notice she is tense and her smile doesn't reach her eyes.

What's going on with her? What happened during the monster attack?

Suddenly I realize, she could've had a reaction to the earthquake.

Maybe she even started it.

I push the idea out of my mind. That would be impossible, right?